Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 08:19 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,535,179 times

Advertisements

To be clear, no one was smoking. If you have ever been to Railhead, you know the tables on the patio on the S side of the restaurant are the smoking section. They are now used for people enjoying their food, no smoking is taking place. We were not smoking, neither was the other party sitting in that area. Good lord read before you pop off.

Old 11-11-2020, 06:40 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,003 times
Railhead is usually frequented by older, more conservative people. I love their food but I wouldn't choose to eat inside there during COVID for that reason. Luckily, they have a drive-thru. I live in SE Fort Worth and haven't had a problem with encountering people who aren't wearing masks.

Old 11-11-2020, 09:21 AM

3,835 posts, read 4,442,278 times
Thanks TCUalum, I've never been there so no idea why the lady was biting my head off.

To be honest, I've always struggled with the restaurant/bar exception. If COVID is real (and I think it is), then how can you have people gather in a building where by necessity you have to remove your mask in order to eat/drink? Seems to defeat the purpose of containing the spread if you ask me. Which is why I find it funny that the lady popping off above me is so concerned about masks being off in a restaurant. At some point her mask was also off while eating. I just dont get the logic behind this.

I'm sure someone will pipe up with the 6 feet spacing but I would say let's do a simple exercise. If I placed you and a confirmed covid positive person in a room, but spaced 6 feet apart. The covid positive person began sneezing. You would feel perfectly comfortable in your safety because you were six feet away? I'm going to guess most people would say no.

Old 11-11-2020, 12:20 PM

116 posts, read 109,889 times
It’s not only restaurants, I encountered lots of folks NOT wearing masks in downtown Fort Worth too when I had to go to social security office. People in banks, on the streets outside wear cramped and mask less. When hiking at Eagle Mountain Lake Park, no one wore masks too. And they were in huge big groups breathing hard. No social distancing. One should wear a mask, not only indoors, but outside too, especially when not socially distancing properly and in big groups. Northwest Fort Worth neighborhoods have tons of maskless walkers too and neighborhood events with maskless people. Halloween was hell with lots of parties. And churches too omg! Why would religious caring people gather and sing without masks on and making each other sick? There’s nothing holy about that. It’s the pandemic right now!

Old 11-11-2020, 12:54 PM

11,855 posts, read 26,872,645 times
Were there really "huge" groups hiking together? Are we talking 50 people, or a family of 4 who live in the same house?

Old 11-11-2020, 01:01 PM

116 posts, read 109,889 times
Different groups, some 20-30 people, some couples, some with kids, heavily breathing runners groups, ... park has been packed lately due to very nice weather. I was the only one wearing a mask, everyone looked at me all weird. Did not feel comfortable. Same thing in downtown too.

Old 11-11-2020, 02:45 PM

1,158 posts, read 960,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Thanks TCUalum, I've never been there so no idea why the lady was biting my head off.

To be honest, I've always struggled with the restaurant/bar exception. If COVID is real (and I think it is), then how can you have people gather in a building where by necessity you have to remove your mask in order to eat/drink? Seems to defeat the purpose of containing the spread if you ask me. Which is why I find it funny that the lady popping off above me is so concerned about masks being off in a restaurant. At some point her mask was also off while eating. I just dont get the logic behind this.
Sorry having worked in the food service industry as a teenager lots of people that prepare your food don't even wash their hands....so think I'll pass on a stranger preparing my food during a pandemic until there is a vaccine.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:37 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,003 times
I've only eaten inside a restaurant once since COVID and only once outside. Both times, the restaurants were almost empty and everyone was wearing a mask. We've been cooking or getting takeout. During the summer, our neighborhood HOA arranged for local restaurants to deliver family meals 1-2 times a week to our neighborhood. It was awesome and I really miss it. Magdelena's was especially good.

Old 11-12-2020, 11:18 AM

1,375 posts, read 1,052,555 times
Go to the outskirts of DFW and you dont really see masks

Old 11-12-2020, 11:34 AM

11,855 posts, read 26,872,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie682 View Post
Sorry having worked in the food service industry as a teenager lots of people that prepare your food don't even wash their hands....so think I'll pass on a stranger preparing my food during a pandemic until there is a vaccine.
COVID is not a food-borne illness. You catch it from contact with droplets of saliva from infected people. If everyone boycotted restaurants for the duration of the pandemic, all of the restaurants will be forced out of business, and their employees would all be out of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth