Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 10:51 PM

5 posts, read 3,863 times

Advertisements

I’m relocating from Michigan for a Job in north euless and few days at other location in west fort worth.
I’m single male 37, is euless good for dating or meet women?

I like to live in downtown Fort Worth and heard good stuff about it but it will be 20 miles away from my job.
Please let me know what do you think and if you recommend any apartments ( looking to rent 1 Br apartment)
That’s good and my budget is $1100-1400. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 02:16 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,313,821 times
I wouldn’t say Euless would be great for meeting people. It’s a suburban area so you could live around other singles or families in apartments and there’s not a lot of social night life.

I drove opposite of most of a downtown to Euless commute for 20 years and that’s going to be one with heavy traffic. I would say 45 minutes is optimistic, so keep that in mind. There are tolled express lanes that can help out if you budget for it but that can easily run you $10-15 each way per day. If you’re single and only doing the commute 3 days a week, you may not mind as much as other people.

Just glancing at current rents online, your budget is good for downtown and the surrounding areas. There aren’t near as many apartments as condos in the center of downtown. Most of the apartments sit on the fringe on streets like Lancaster, Summit, and Henderson. There are tons of apartments just outside of downtown. Rock Island or Trinity Bluffs is a neighborhood in transition full of apartments. West 7th has some nightlife nearby. The Near Southside between Magnolia Ave. and I-30 is the up and coming neighborhood and is starting to fill in with apartments. It’s as close to anything you’ll find in Fort Worth as far as hipster neighborhoods with restaurants and nightlife.

Euless is a mixed bag of apartments. You can have a run down complex next to a really nice one. There are some nicer, new complexes near Glade Rd. and 121 that would be better than what you might find in the Bear Creek area. I wouldn’t pick anything in Euless without seeing it for yourself.

Old 02-05-2021, 04:34 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,484,744 times
I think living in or near downtown would be a much better fit for you than Euless. West 7th is probably the best fit, tons of restaurants, bars, and a large young professional population. Downtown is nearby and it’s super walkable and a short distance to West 7th.

Another option is to look into Uptown Dallas. It’s about the same distance and far more developed than Fort Worth. It has everything West 7th has and more. There are a few adjacent neighborhoods north of Uptown that would shorten the commute. The Medical District/Love Field area has a lot of new apartments within your budget and it’s super close to Uptown and 18 miles to Euless.

https://www.jeffersonmockingbird.com

https://www.westloveapts.com/?gclid=...BoCC8gQAvD_BwE

https://www.centurymedicaldistrict.c...hoCzO4QAvD_BwE

Old 02-05-2021, 05:01 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
If you’re working in Tarrant County, then you need to live in Tarrant County for your own sanity. Uptown Dallas to north Euless would put a lot of miles on your car, and you’d be wasting a lot of time sitting in traffic. On the day when you have to commute to the west Fort Worth location, you’d really hate the commute as it will be close to 1.5 hours each way! That would leave little time after work for working out or going to a bar. The Medical District would actually make that commute worse because 183 has less lanes and more traffic than I30 between Dallas and Fort Worth.

Euless itself is a suburb, so there’s really no singles scene or nightlife in the area. If you want that, I agree that living close to downtown Fort Worth. That would split the commute between the two locations. Just know that on the days when you’re driving to Euless, you’ll need to allow time for the traffic, or be willing to pay the toll lane. If you stay north of 30, it will be a lot easier for you to get on 121 to get to work.

Old 02-05-2021, 08:25 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,533,977 times
Check out Race Street area. Might be a good fit for you with good proximity to 121 for the Euless days.

Old 02-05-2021, 09:26 AM

Thanks guys,
My main work location is north of 183 and Main Street and in couple months would be the only location.
I’m planning to get an Airbnb for one month and check the areas myself, I prefer living in downtown Fort Worth but euless seems in middle between Dallas and Fort Worth so I’m a little hesitant to make a decision. Is the commute from downtown Fort Worth to euless against traffic?

Btw some people recommended las colinas is that a good option?

Old 02-05-2021, 10:03 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,313,821 times
Race Street is another good option. It's a neighborhood in transition, but the properties are gated and secure and the views are nice.

My experience in commuting the opposite way is that you're going with the traffic from downtown to Euless. Eastbound 183 and 121 have much heavier traffic than westbound.

Las Colinas to Euless wouldn't be terrible. It's less suburban than Euless, but not by much. Even with stations on the DART line nearby, you're still going to have to drive for shopping and dining.

Old 02-05-2021, 04:10 PM

Well idk now I’m scared of traffic lol
I’m leaning more toward euless then if the traffic is that big.

Old 02-05-2021, 04:15 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,446,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
I wouldn’t say Euless would be great for meeting people. It’s a suburban area so you could live around other singles or families in apartments and there’s not a lot of social night life.
I love it when an OP ask that kind of question. I always wonder if they are willing to commit adultery!

Old 02-05-2021, 10:15 PM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proadventures View Post
Well idk now I’m scared of traffic lol
I’m leaning more toward euless then if the traffic is that big.
Getting from Downtown Fort Worth or even the West 7th street area to Euless isnt that bad. Itll take 20 minutes or so. The area around Pennsylvania and Main is being gentrified as well and would be very active.

I wouldnt want to live in Euless as a single person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth