U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 10:15 AM

10,573 posts, read 22,502,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JlkajwlNsn View Post
Why would you not recommend Haslet? Haslet is up and coming and school district NISD is great. Also close to Fort Worth Alliance brand new shopping area and Fort Worth North City is about to be built, the equivalent of Frisco Legacy.
Because most homes in Haslet are well under $600k. She would be buying the “nicest house on the block” which is not advisable in real estate investment.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2021, 12:17 PM

69 posts, read 29,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Because most homes in Haslet are well under $600k. She would be buying the “nicest house on the block” which is not advisable in real estate investment.
She doesn’t have to spend her max budget? Also, new home communities such as The Vines in Haslet start in the 500Ks. Haslet ain’t cheap anymore.

Old 02-14-2021, 12:26 PM

3,043 posts, read 11,042,964 times
Haslet has lots of entry level homes, nothing wrong with it, good schools etc...If the OP budget was 200-350k them yes I’d recommend it.
600k budget no. The market for 500-600k houses it’s a different ball game. N Keller, Argyle, Southlake etc would be a better investment

Old 02-16-2021, 02:26 PM

1,037 posts, read 1,121,435 times
I would not consider Haslet for a hot minute if I were ready to spend 450-500K on a house much less 600K! Def Argyle, Southlake (although it's low for SL), Trophy Club (I don't like TC but many do), or Keller. Keller schools aren't as "decorated" as Southlake or GCISD but they are very good and have great programs. Many of the planned neighborhoods in Keller have been there for 20+ years and they have been kept up very well.

Old Today, 01:55 PM

1 posts
Hello,

As a resident of Keller and a local realtor, I think Trophy Club is a good area for you to consider. There are some newer subdivisions with growing families and a community vibe. I’ve been to basketball games at Byron Nelson HS and am impressed with the facilities and amenities too. I often see active young families biking, jogging regularly in the area.

Keller has the same feel as Trophy Club, it’s just larger and more spread out. Plenty of both established and new communities with a blend of new families all the way to empty nesters. Keller schools are well respected, so much that listings promote “Keller ISD” as big selling point. Niece & nephews have been here 5th through 12th grade & I feel safe walking my dog alone in our neighborhood.

I think both Trophy Club and Keller have what you’re looking for - it’s a very hot market right now with a lot of multiple offer situations plus Charles Schwab’s new HQ is driving even more interest to the location.

I still think there are plenty of homes available in your price range though, good luck on your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth