Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2021, 03:11 AM

116 posts, read 109,585 times

Advertisements

What do y’all think about M3 development in Mansfield? It’s going to open up for sales shortly, Home prices starting $350K and up with reputable builders such as Highland Homes, American Legend, etc. Is the area good? Is it going to be Mansfield’s Viridian? It’s Mansfield ISD. Area seems very industrial though with a law enforcement correctional center around the corner. Is it dangerous there?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2021, 10:07 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,315,119 times
That area is pretty well isolated from the industrial development by Heritage Pkwy. As high profile as that jail used to be, it's just a city jail now. I believe Tarrant County stopped using it for overflow when they built the new jail downtown a decade or so ago. I don't ever remember hearing of any public safety issues in that area relative to the jail. The parking lot of the facility is a popular place for custody arrangements to designate as a meeting point for parents.

Old 02-09-2021, 10:11 AM

So is it safe to say that that area is a good and safe residential area? Pics on Google of that planned development look really nice, it’s like another Viridian (minus the landfill).

Old 02-09-2021, 01:37 PM

1,846 posts, read 831,952 times
Yeah it's a safe area of town. Some of that probably has to due with it being such a new area for residential, the area is quite on the weekends when the majority of the facilities close and Heritage pkwy is one of the few roads were police vehicles are a regular citing.
Overall I could see it being similar to South Pointe or Viridian compared to how I originally figured it would turn out (similar to Somerset with more of a starter home/large cheaper home community). Originally the developer also owned the land on the other side of Heritage and had planned for apartments and some commercial properties. Don't know were there at now, but the Americold facility was originally supposed to be where some of the apartments went and almost everything north of Heritage is still zoned for industrial. The vast majority of that land north and west of Heritage is actually owned by the city who have been holding off on selling it unless it's something like the new Amazon facility. Happy to see that the city convinced the developer to make some gated sections of the neighborhood and worked with them and the parks dept. to build a trail system thought it. Helpfully they will keep the higher end builders through out the development.
With that being said the existing homes around that area are cheapish for how new they are and outside of this community the residential has a very SE Arlington feel going on. Most of the land to the south of the development is already planned out and should be developing in the next few years (The Birdsong community along with a new school). Overall that area is still mostly undeveloped and outside of the Amazon facility and some stuff along 287 there's not a whole lot of development that isn't residential.
Lastly use to work along S 2nd Ave and the Trinity Forge was a noise maker when they had the machines running almost wonder if you could hear it from the other side of Heritage Pkwy. The 350K is just for the little baby lots, but saw that the larger lots are in the 600K it'll be interesting to see if they can actually get those kind of prices.

Old 02-09-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProtege View Post
Yeah it's a safe area of town. Some of that probably has to due with it being such a new area for residential, the area is quite on the weekends when the majority of the facilities close and Heritage pkwy is one of the few roads were police vehicles are a regular citing.
Overall I could see it being similar to South Pointe or Viridian compared to how I originally figured it would turn out (similar to Somerset with more of a starter home/large cheaper home community). Originally the developer also owned the land on the other side of Heritage and had planned for apartments and some commercial properties. Don't know were there at now, but the Americold facility was originally supposed to be where some of the apartments went and almost everything north of Heritage is still zoned for industrial. The vast majority of that land north and west of Heritage is actually owned by the city who have been holding off on selling it unless it's something like the new Amazon facility. Happy to see that the city convinced the developer to make some gated sections of the neighborhood and worked with them and the parks dept. to build a trail system thought it. Helpfully they will keep the higher end builders through out the development.
With that being said the existing homes around that area are cheapish for how new they are and outside of this community the residential has a very SE Arlington feel going on. Most of the land to the south of the development is already planned out and should be developing in the next few years (The Birdsong community along with a new school). Overall that area is still mostly undeveloped and outside of the Amazon facility and some stuff along 287 there's not a whole lot of development that isn't residential.
Lastly use to work along S 2nd Ave and the Trinity Forge was a noise maker when they had the machines running almost wonder if you could hear it from the other side of Heritage Pkwy. The 350K is just for the little baby lots, but saw that the larger lots are in the 600K it'll be interesting to see if they can actually get those kind of prices.
Thanks for the detailed information! Sounds like this area will soon look very different. Those prices are for phase 1, probably going up much higher in later phases. Do most people who live there work nearby or do they mostly have long commutes?

Old 02-10-2021, 08:10 AM

From what I've seen the community should be a nice change of scenery compared to it's surroundings. Yeah that's why I'm a bit optimistic about those high prices. Could take awhile to fill up the larger lots.
When it came to the larger factory that I was at around 1/5 of the shop floor workers and around 1/3 of the office workers actually lived in Mansfield same thing went for the other facility that we worked with. We would get a lot of people from the cheaper areas of FT & Arlington along with those outside of the metroplex (Rio Vista, Maypearl, Godley). When I lived there 7 of are neighbors were retired/worked from home, 2 worked in Mansfield, 4 had a under 30 minute commute, and 2 had over a 30 minute commute (pre-covid).

Old 02-10-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProtege View Post
From what I've seen the community should be a nice change of scenery compared to it's surroundings. Yeah that's why I'm a bit optimistic about those high prices. Could take awhile to fill up the larger lots.
When it came to the larger factory that I was at around 1/5 of the shop floor workers and around 1/3 of the office workers actually lived in Mansfield same thing went for the other facility that we worked with. We would get a lot of people from the cheaper areas of FT & Arlington along with those outside of the metroplex (Rio Vista, Maypearl, Godley). When I lived there 7 of are neighbors were retired/worked from home, 2 worked in Mansfield, 4 had a under 30 minute commute, and 2 had over a 30 minute commute (pre-covid).
With folks moving to M3 from cheaper areas, do you think M3 won’t be upscale than (less upscale than Viridian for example)? Will surrounding homes go up in value with M3 or not as much?

Old 02-10-2021, 04:40 PM

I don't think people will be moving to M3 from cheaper areas. I figure it will be the same as south pointe with a good chuck of people that have longer commute times, but make good money or people now working from home that aren't as concerned about being close to there companies offices or were already working from home. I though the same thing about south Pointe and the 2nd gated section just about sold out in under 2 years with those homes averaging close to 600,000 in value. I could see M3 bringing up the value of the surrounding areas.

Old 02-10-2021, 07:51 PM

It’s nice to know that new developments are coming to south of DFW too and not only north. Frisco, Prosper, Celina, McKinney, Van Alstyne are filling up but there’s so much land left south of Arlington and I’m surprised why there’s not much more happening down there too. It’s like most folks are too scared to stay south and lots of out of towners have wrong preconceptions of south DFW too.

Old 02-14-2021, 06:29 AM

Yeah is nice to see some developments south of I-20. There are a few larger residential developments and some warehouse/manufacturing facilities being built, but not much in the way of larger commercial / office developments. Of course the money goes where the money is at and there's just more money in those suburbs that you mentioned. I had figured that at some point developers would have gone for the cheaper land in the southern metroplex, but it seems to just keep heading further north every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth