Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 05:45 PM

3 posts, read 3,816 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Haven't moved to Fort Worth yet, but will be in 2017. I'm looking to get a private mailbox ahead of time and I noticed that all the US Postal Service locations in Fort Worth have horrible reviews on Google. I've never had a post office box, but I've had bad experiences with the USPS locations where I live (verbal sexual harassment!) to the point where I don't go there any more. I currently have a private mailing address with a local company but I hate them - horrible customer service, high fees, and the owner is rude and crazy and will weirdly try to get you to forward her political agendas. In short, having a mailing address in general has been a pain in the neck and I'm aiming to not let that happen again once me and the hubby move to Ft. Worth.

I found what look like two local private mailbox rental companies in FW, but neither have sufficient reviews online so it's hard to tell if they're legit. Has anyone used Class Mail & Business Center on Boat Club Road (Packing, Shipping, Mailing | Fort Worth, TX | Class Mail & Business Center) or Got Mail on North Beach Street (http://www.gotmailkeller.com/)? Why do their websites look almost identical? Am I missing something here?

Are there any other private mailbox options in Fort Worth? Should I look in Dallas or Arlington even though we'll be living in Ft. Worth?

Please excuse the weird link formatting, I'm a long-time lurker on city-data, but have only posted once so I have no idea what I'm doing. And that one post was on an old account that I lost the username and password for, so we'll never know what it was about because I sure as heck can't remember.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 05:55 PM

422 posts, read 542,370 times
I guess I never understood why someone just doesn't have mail delivered to their house, but anywho I can really only answer about where you would want it. You would have to be insane to drive to Dallas from FW to get mail. Pretty much the same with Arlington. Unless for some reason you're working in either of those cities.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevehanrahan41 View Post
I guess I never understood why someone just doesn't have mail delivered to their house, but anywho I can really only answer about where you would want it. You would have to be insane to drive to Dallas from FW to get mail. Pretty much the same with Arlington. Unless for some reason you're working in either of those cities.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm looking for a box because we'll be moving around in the area for the first 6 months - 1.5 years until we find a permanent place and I don't want the hassle of having to change my address constantly.

Old 10-24-2016, 04:43 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Post office boxes have gotten horribly expensive, like over $300 a year! The little mailbox stores that used to offer private mailboxes seem to all have gone out of business.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:06 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,645,388 times
I have a box at the downtown FTW UPS store on 2nd. It IS expensive, but at least I get my packages and mail delivered to me, not my neighbor, or stolen off my porch.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:05 AM

1,447 posts, read 1,487,298 times
Who gets mail any more...that's old school for sure.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:15 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,174,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLynn View Post
Who gets mail any more...that's old school for sure.
You don't get packages, like from Amazon? Or birthday cards or wedding invitations? I get multiple packages a month.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:10 PM

422 posts, read 542,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
You don't get packages, like from Amazon? Or birthday cards or wedding invitations? I get multiple packages a month.
I don't get enough to need to pay for a place to have it delivered! Lol

Old 10-24-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Post office boxes have gotten horribly expensive, like over $300 a year! The little mailbox stores that used to offer private mailboxes seem to all have gone out of business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I have a box at the downtown FTW UPS store on 2nd. It IS expensive, but at least I get my packages and mail delivered to me, not my neighbor, or stolen off my porch.
I thought I was reading the chart wrong when I first looked at PO box prices!

Old 10-26-2016, 08:54 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,709,862 times
OP, most UPS Stores have mailboxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth