U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 02:18 PM
JJG

13,614 posts, read 20,534,425 times

Advertisements

Just stay in the cities... and I mean THE cities. Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso, and maybe Arlington if that's where your head is.

Just being honest.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 06:00 PM

5,808 posts, read 9,876,976 times
DFW is pretty weird. I want to point to the repressive Evangelical Bible Belt environment and the Metroplex's extremist San Francisco-esque conservative magnet creating this pent-up racial explosion. Teenagers bold enough posing for a viral N-word video would never happen in Houston.

But then the most colorful cast of characters from the recent Capitol terrorist attack came from the Dallas side: The real estate agent chartering a plane and stupid enough to out herself on social media, and Archie Bunker dressed in his old uniform.

Sadly this made the NBC Nightly News:

A viral video forced a wealthy Texas suburb to confront racism. A 'silent majority' fought back.

Quote:
But the video of Carroll high schoolers shouting the N-word was about to expose another side of the fast-growing and quickly diversifying community, one that Cornish and other Black parents quietly referred to as Southlake’s “dirty secret.”
Within days, outraged parents — most of them white — formed a political action committee and began packing school board meetings to voice their strong opposition. Some denounced the diversity plan as “Marxist” and “leftist indoctrination” designed to “fix a problem that doesn’t exist.” The opponents said they, too, wanted all students to feel safe at Carroll, but they argued that the district's plan would instead create “diversity police” and amounted to “reverse racism” against white children.

The dispute grew so heated that parents on both sides pulled children out of the school system, while others made plans to move out of town. One mother sued the district, successfully putting the diversity plan on hold.

As the fight intensified, Cornish, whose youngest child graduated in 2018, began to think differently about Carroll’s official motto, stamped on T-shirts and yard signs across Southlake.

“Protect the Tradition.”

She started to wonder: What was the tradition her neighbors were fighting to protect?
I was shocked fellow Texans would act like this! I don't blame Mrs. Cornish for leaving the community rather than to put up with this deplorable, conservative politicized behavior.

Can't place much blame on the children. Sadly the "numerous accounts of racist, xenophobic and anti-gay comments" from Southlake schoolchildren is a reflection growing up around their adult parents and neighbors.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:06 PM
Status: "Sworn enemy of the Abrahamic Religions" (set 12 days ago)

4,620 posts, read 1,848,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
DFW is pretty weird. I want to point to the repressive Evangelical Bible Belt environment and the Metroplex's extremist San Francisco-esque conservative magnet creating this pent-up racial explosion. Teenagers bold enough posing for a viral N-word video would never happen in Houston.

But then the most colorful cast of characters from the recent Capitol terrorist attack came from the Dallas side: The real estate agent chartering a plane and stupid enough to out herself on social media, and Archie Bunker dressed in his old uniform.

A viral video forced a wealthy Texas suburb to confront racism. A 'silent majority' fought back.

I was shocked fellow Texans would act like this! I don't blame Mrs. Cornish for leaving the community rather than to put up with this deplorable, conservative politicized behavior.

Can't place much blame on the children. Sadly the "numerous accounts of racist, xenophobic and anti-gay comments" from Southlake schoolchildren is a reflection growing up around their adult parents and neighbors.
This is transparent and pathetic. Your constant quest to put DFW down and stereotype it is ridiculous.

Yeah, people in Houston have used the N-word on camera recently. This is true of EVERYWHERE.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/30/woman...-boss-houston/

https://www.click2houston.com/news/2...osecutors-say/

I can find videos of people using this slur in NYC, LA, SF, ********* EVERYWHERE.

The fact that you keep trying to single out DFW to prop up Houston and your reputation for this is notorious.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtotxyay View Post
hello all, my job is making me relocate to ft worth, and to be frank, im worried. I am a muslim and i dont think southerners have a good feeling about people like me. So, my question is will I recieve stares? or racism, or something as extreme as being lynched?

is DFW as racist as I hear on the news? with the anti muslim activity that goes on every so often? please help

thanks
Youll be just fine.

Im Arab myself and lived in DFW for 6 years both in Plano and Dallas but spend a lot of time in Fort Worth which is a city I love. Im not Muslim but a Blasphemer of all religions which is far less acceptable to almost anyone and I never had any issues. Im also in an interracial marriage.

Of course there are some racists in DFW as there are everywhere. Never had any issues whatsoever and had lots of friends.

Old 03-16-2021, 04:43 AM

37,068 posts, read 41,266,299 times
Safer walking the streets of FW verses walking the streets of LA, San Fran, Chicago or NYC in todays world.

Have you seen the murder and assault rates in many Blue Cities lately?

Old 03-16-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Safer walking the streets of FW verses walking the streets of LA, San Fran, Chicago or NYC in todays world.

Have you seen the murder and assault rates in many Blue Cities lately?
Dont turn this political because the stats arent what you think they are.

There is no correlation between whether a place is blue or red and crime rate.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:43 AM

899 posts, read 863,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post

I can't believe how many times I've had to say this in the last 4+ years but I'll say it again: TRUE CONSERVATIVES ARE NOT RACIST.

Your spreading of this crap opinion is disgraceful.

And actually thinking that Houston doesn't have a population of racist people- of ALL colors- is just plain stupid. White people can be racist. Black people can be racist. Asian people can be racist. Latino people can be racist. It's time everyone face the truth that we are all human and guess what? ALL HUMANS HAVE THE ABILITY TO BE RACIST. Bean counting as to which race is the most racist is the dumbest part of all of it.

That whole incident happened in Southlake for one reason: a bunch of stuck-up, over-privileged kids and adults who were obsessed with the rich culture up there tried to look "cool" and then it backfired. Were some of them actually racist? Of course. Were some just caught up in the movement? Yup. And of course they wanted to protect and defend their lifestyles! They live in one of the richest communities in Texas and are swimming in money. Any community filled with that much privilege is going to go nuts when said community is threatened. Have you even seen how nuts these people get about teenagers playing football? And you expect them to be full of altruistic, soft-hearted hippies? Get real, lol.

Last edited by Berrie143; 03-17-2021 at 07:52 AM..

Old 03-18-2021, 12:43 PM

290 posts, read 240,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Just stay in the cities... and I mean THE cities. Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso, and maybe Arlington if that's where your head is.

Just being honest.
LMAO!!! There JJG goes with Arlington again. It's so amusing.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:09 PM

306 posts, read 175,757 times
Yes

Old Today, 09:27 AM

478 posts, read 1,967,523 times
Fort Worth is a beautiful, diverse city with world-class museums, lovely residential areas, and nice people. Not everyone is a stereotypical redneck so you'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth