U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 12:00 PM

7 posts, read 4,576 times

Advertisements

hello all, my job is making me relocate to ft worth, and to be frank, im worried. I am a muslim and i dont think southerners have a good feeling about people like me. So, my question is will I recieve stares? or racism, or something as extreme as being lynched?

is DFW as racist as I hear on the news? with the anti muslim activity that goes on every so often? please help

thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2021, 12:08 AM

667 posts, read 679,673 times
This a joke post? smh

Old 03-13-2021, 10:27 AM

2,053 posts, read 704,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey521 View Post
This a joke post? smh
I know right.

Old 03-13-2021, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey521 View Post
This a joke post? smh
this isnt a joke i am seriously scared I have never been to a red state

Old 03-14-2021, 11:20 AM

2,088 posts, read 1,348,027 times
If you're so worried, call some of the many local mosques and ask them what they think. My husband is Indian and works in oil and gas. He's lived here since the early '90s and hasn't had any problems. Don't believe everything you see on the news. They only report the bad stuff and never report all of the normal and good stuff.

Old 03-14-2021, 12:08 PM

321 posts, read 269,100 times
You might get a couple of looks if you're wearing traditional dress at a Country & Western bar in the Stockyards, but seriously -- the days of a threatening "you're not from around here, are you?" are long gone.

Old 03-14-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
If you're so worried, call some of the many local mosques and ask them what they think. My husband is Indian and works in oil and gas. He's lived here since the early '90s and hasn't had any problems. Don't believe everything you see on the news. They only report the bad stuff and never report all of the normal and good stuff.
true, I think I should stop unnecessary scaring myself haha. Also, two of the incidents in Plano TX recently also frightened me quite a bit as well.

I mean I also am a Indian guy so if your husband has had no problems, I think I should have nothing to worry about!

Thanks

Old 03-14-2021, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naterator View Post
You might get a couple of looks if you're wearing traditional dress at a Country & Western bar in the Stockyards, but seriously -- the days of a threatening "you're not from around here, are you?" are long gone.
No plans to go to the bar haha, just going to be a normal man, minding my own business, and doing my own thing, Im a live and let live kinda guy

Old 03-14-2021, 05:19 PM

290 posts, read 559,423 times
This post is sad and it tells you everything you need to know about our media.

OP, you’re not going to have any issues at all. Please, as mentioned earlier, call a couple mosques and ask a few questions. You’re not going to have any problems here.

Old 03-14-2021, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanwood View Post
This post is sad and it tells you everything you need to know about our media.

OP, you’re not going to have any issues at all. Please, as mentioned earlier, call a couple mosques and ask a few questions. You’re not going to have any problems here.
Thank you so much for letting me know, Yeah, the news does portray stuff in very incorrect ways sometimes

Hopefully I get to enjoy your great state!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth