U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 08:57 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,153,858 times

Advertisements

OP, you have started 4 threads about moving to TX, that the job is in central TX, but you want to be in DFW area. It sounds like you need to adjust your "wants" to fit your budget and find the best fit available to you and your family. I don't know how long it has been since you lived in TX but it's just not cheap anymore, and the mass influx of California cash buyers is not helping anyone but their realtors make $$$. All of the areas where you want to live have jumped in price. I feel for you, there is uncertainty in these decisions but I would encourage you to look closer to your husband's job. Moving to a new state with so much going on, you guys will need each other's support. Hoping good things come your way!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2021, 05:48 PM

237 posts, read 271,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Name one city within any metro anywhere in the US where housing prices are not soaring right now.
I'm not worried about the prices soaring as much as what we want to pay.

Old 04-11-2021, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
OP, you have started 4 threads about moving to TX, that the job is in central TX, but you want to be in DFW area. It sounds like you need to adjust your "wants" to fit your budget and find the best fit available to you and your family. I don't know how long it has been since you lived in TX but it's just not cheap anymore, and the mass influx of California cash buyers is not helping anyone but their realtors make $$$. All of the areas where you want to live have jumped in price. I feel for you, there is uncertainty in these decisions but I would encourage you to look closer to your husband's job. Moving to a new state with so much going on, you guys will need each other's support. Hoping good things come your way!
Thank you for your reply. We moved from Tx last year before Covid hit. We needed to do so for many reasons. I realize prices aren't cheap but I have been able to find more of what I want closer to DFW. As far as support I actually would have more support/help closer to DFW since I have family there. If I could find a house in our range I would move back to Georgetown in a heartbeat but that hasn't come up. I have found in our range in the DFW area. I have thought about all these things that people are posting and am only trying to get suggestions on cities. The best available fit for us has a lot of factors and we're constantly thinking them through. My husband continuing in central Tx isn't set in stone and options in DFW are being looked at.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:50 AM

156 posts, read 124,427 times
Housing in central Texas is only going to keep going up. Bidding wars and all cash offers are pretty commonplace all over the state now. As Christi said, I would rent for a year or two until you can get a house you really want.

Old 04-15-2021, 01:17 PM

I know housing in central Tx is going up which is part of the reason I'm not looking there. Everyone keeps getting hung up on me mentioning Temple rather than what I'm really asking. It's not only housing we're looking at. There are a lot of factors when you have 5 children. I'm just asking for city suggestions closer to the DFW area.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:49 PM

12 posts, read 6,831 times
My family and I are looking into moving from Maryland in the next 6-12 months. Texas is one state on our list. Where is it likely to stay a reasonable cost of living?

Old 04-17-2021, 05:56 AM

57,109 posts, read 45,552,611 times
Housing prices are soaring everywhere. Everywhere. So is the cost of living. Gas prices have been creeping up now for months.

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicato...-prices-growth
https://www.gasbuddy.com/charts

Old 04-17-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Housing prices are soaring everywhere. Everywhere. So is the cost of living. Gas prices have been creeping up now for months.

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicato...-prices-growth
https://www.gasbuddy.com/charts
I understand this since I am selling a home now. I'm really just asking for suggestions on cities.

Old 04-17-2021, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoutofsc View Post
I understand this since I am selling a home now. I'm really just asking for suggestions on cities.
We still need to know your overall budget and more details about your husband's job in order to give pertinent advice. Texas has a lot of fun cities and good school districts in various price ranges but the state is huge and spread out as you know. I mean, it all boils down to money in the long run. As in "What's the best overall city that I can afford?" You keep bringing up how home prices have gone way up in central Texas and I'm just saying they've gone way up everywhere, so what's some other criteria? (Just about everyone wants in a good school district and low crime area so let's focus on some other criteria.)

Let's not waste time - yours or anyone else's. Hopefully you can and will answer some questions to help narrow things down a bit, though you may have answered a few of these or given a partial answer already:

1. Time frame
2. Do you need to sell your house first in order to buy another house?
3. Open to renting for awhile?
4. Size of city or how close to larger metro area?
5. Details about husband's job
6. PRICE you can afford
7. Square footage and number of bedrooms needed
8. What would be a deal killer for you?
9. Garage or carport? Land or lot size?
10. What do you LOVE in a house?
11. What do you HATE?
12. Name some cities or regions you prefer.
13. Name some cities or regions that you don't feel would work for you.

Old 04-17-2021, 06:48 AM

All that being said, you may want to check out Aledo which is a bit southwest of Fort Worth. Excellent school district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth