Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 11:48 AM

656 posts, read 1,348,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie682 View Post
Fort Worth is extremely boring. Fort Worth lives in the shadow of Dallas and Arlington. It's the land of strip malls, chain stores/restaurants and terrible drivers.

West 7th is honestly the best thing going for Fort Worth. It's restaurants, shops and now expensive apartments. If you want to shop and eat Texas is definitely the place. This is also why everything is "bigger" in Texas...lol

The Botanical garden was the best thing Fort Worth had to offer before the city decided to charge admission. We pay enough property taxes to keep the botanical garden open to the public and free of charge.

Fairmount/Magnolia area was skid row before gentrification. We were over there eating outside on a patio recently while a paranoid schizophrenic paced back and forth yelling. Good times! Lots of homeless junky types hanging out around Sundance Square too. I used to live in Austin and the homeless/panhandlers are moving here now. Never used to see that when I moved here 20 years ago.

If you've been to the Fort Worth Stockayards once you've seen it all. Total tourist trap. I'm not a cowboy and have no desire to go to the rodeo or to Billy Bob's.

The museums are average. Fort Worth is not really known for it's fantastic nightlife. Hey Steely Dan is coming to Dickies Arena....lol

If you want to go to Six Flags, the Rangers game or to see the Cowboys you have to drive to Arlington. If you want to do anything else you have to drive to Dallas.
Traffic is terrible and you pretty much risk your life everytime you drive on the freeways here. This is the only place I have ever lived where people use the emergency lane on the freeway as an actual lane of traffic while doing 80mph.

Spent 3 hours in my car recently driving my kid to a concert in Dallas. The band of course was not stopping in Fort Worth. The drive there and back was longer than the concert.

I've lived in many other cities/states that have more to offer than Fort Worth does.
Have you been to Uptown Dallas lately? It is a complete dump now.

I guess Billy Joel and KISS don’t count much as musicians going to Dickies or George Strait for the country crowd.

You want highland shopping? Check out the newer ClearFork area. High end restaurants and retail and kept prestigious and safe.

And lastly, talk about traffic…. Dallas… really? It is always a nightmare entering downtown no matter the time it seems there.

I’m not knocking Dallas or Arlington either, I enjoy going to both, but please… make some factual statements before you trash FW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 11:52 AM

4,481 posts, read 4,533,959 times
Quote:
Fort Worth is extremely boring. Fort Worth lives in the shadow of Dallas and Arlington. It's the land of strip malls, chain stores/restaurants and terrible drivers.

West 7th is honestly the best thing going for Fort Worth. It's restaurants, shops and now expensive apartments. If you want to shop and eat Texas is definitely the place. This is also why everything is "bigger" in Texas...lol

The Botanical garden was the best thing Fort Worth had to offer before the city decided to charge admission. We pay enough property taxes to keep the botanical garden open to the public and free of charge.

Fairmount/Magnolia area was skid row before gentrification. We were over there eating outside on a patio recently while a paranoid schizophrenic paced back and forth yelling. Good times! Lots of homeless junky types hanging out around Sundance Square too. I used to live in Austin and the homeless/panhandlers are moving here now. Never used to see that when I moved here 20 years ago.

If you've been to the Fort Worth Stockayards once you've seen it all. Total tourist trap. I'm not a cowboy and have no desire to go to the rodeo or to Billy Bob's.

The museums are average. Fort Worth is not really known for it's fantastic nightlife. Hey Steely Dan is coming to Dickies Arena....lol

If you want to go to Six Flags, the Rangers game or to see the Cowboys you have to drive to Arlington. If you want to do anything else you have to drive to Dallas.
Traffic is terrible and you pretty much risk your life everytime you drive on the freeways here. This is the only place I have ever lived where people use the emergency lane on the freeway as an actual lane of traffic while doing 80mph.

Spent 3 hours in my car recently driving my kid to a concert in Dallas. The band of course was not stopping in Fort Worth. The drive there and back was longer than the concert.

I've lived in many other cities/states that have more to offer than Fort Worth does.

None of that stuff sounds boring. Because you have to drive to Arlington to see the Cowboys or Rangers play or to go to Six Flags doesn't make Ft Worth boring. And it's still in Tarrant County so you can't really complain too much. Living in the Metroplex you have the benefit of being near to nearly everything in the world a person could possibly want. A person who is bored in Ft Worth just isn't trying. Just because you don't like Ft Worth doesn't mean Ft Worth is boring. Just say you don't like living in Ft Worth or the Metroplex. There's nothing wrong with not liking a place, but to call it boring is very inaccurate.

Old 01-04-2022, 12:19 PM

223 posts, read 137,836 times
Quote:

My opinion of Ft Worth is exactly the same as yours.

Be prepared to be shamed by some homers who will try and make you feel bad for not stating that Ft Worth is a beautiful, charming city with tons to offer.

You have every right to your opinion.

Old 01-04-2022, 01:18 PM

1,158 posts, read 948,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Bear View Post
My opinion of Ft Worth is exactly the same as yours.

Be prepared to be shamed by some homers who will try and make you feel bad for not stating that Ft Worth is a beautiful, charming city with tons to offer.

You have every right to your opinion.
Thanks!!! See ya at Steely Dan...haha

I doubt very few of these folks ever leave the city limits or drive to Arlington or Dallas on a regular basis to do anything that is not available in Fort Worth. I do and it's a total beat down to drive anywhere in the metroplex.

Old 01-06-2022, 02:00 PM

4,840 posts, read 3,605,137 times
Purchased our home in Parker County in 2020 for 285. Zillow (I know) has it for 340.

Love being out of Fort Worth - like we got divorced but I have visitation rights.

And as far as the Dickies Arena goes - went to the FWSO show on July 4th - parking was $25. Suprised it was that high. Have to be something special for me to go there again.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:15 PM

11,818 posts, read 26,662,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
And as far as the Dickies Arena goes - went to the FWSO show on July 4th - parking was $25. Surprised it was that high. Have to be something special for me to go there again.
Parking at AT&T Stadium is $50 in the cash lots. It's pretty outrageous at all of the big venues!

Old 01-06-2022, 04:32 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,291,438 times
$20 and up is about par for the course for any event facility. I was pleasantly surprised by $10 at an event at Irving Convention Center in November.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Parking at AT&T Stadium is $50 in the cash lots. It's pretty outrageous at all of the big venues!
I've had access to free tickets to ball games, rodeos, music at ATT through Vettix (hit me up for code if you are a vet) and turned them down because of parking. Just not worth it.

Old 01-08-2022, 08:27 AM

23,935 posts, read 10,282,201 times
Quote:

Maybe you have deprived yourself of everything you consider desirable for 20 years too long.

Old 01-08-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:

Don't let the door hit you in the rear on your way out....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth