Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2008, 07:19 PM

3 posts, read 8,771 times

Advertisements

Does anyone out here know of any location within Tarrant County, and preferrably rather centrally located, that will be willing to donate their location for one day? I'm hoping to get it for a Saturday in early to middle August of this year. My extension agent gave me a few requirements, but there are some that are not absolutely necessary.

Stage
Tables and chairs for approximately 200 people (plus 5-6 serving tables)
Screen for a slide show (I really don't know why we need this...)
Setup (I have no clue what my extension agent meant when she said this)
Speaker system (it's alright if the location doesn't have this; my dad can provide a killer sound system. He's a musician...)
Available at no charge for facility, security, or janitor (this is the clincher)

The location also should allow us to bring in our own food and drinks, as this is a tradition. I'd also like to have something with a rather low ceiling (i.e. not 20 feet high) with lights that are accessible (it's part of our decor idea).

This is our centennial year, and we want to have a killer celebration for it. We've got a Centennial Tree idea going, so our decorations have a lot to do with the jungle/rain forest. If anyone has anything that might fit our requirements, then that's great. If all else fails, we have a backup plan if we can't find a facility to accommodate my greedy (yet still wonderful) extension agent. Thanks a lot to anyone who can help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth