Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2008, 12:59 PM

2 posts, read 3,262 times

Advertisements

I would love any input that anyone can offer on small cities/town outside the Fort Worth area. We have three children that are used to tight knit community, smaller schools, and safe neighborhoods. My husband will be working near Saginaw. We are willing to commute a little further to get the luxury of smaller public schools and a community feeling. I would also love to live somewhere that is a little disconnect from the next town. Am I asking to much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 01:53 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uroberts View Post
I would love any input that anyone can offer on small cities/town outside the Fort Worth area. We have three children that are used to tight knit community, smaller schools, and safe neighborhoods. My husband will be working near Saginaw. We are willing to commute a little further to get the luxury of smaller public schools and a community feeling. I would also love to live somewhere that is a little disconnect from the next town. Am I asking to much?
Try Aledo or Weatherford. It'd be a half hour drive to Saginaw. Good luck!

Old 05-24-2008, 03:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,262 times
Thanks - great info. Aledo was actually top of my list.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:31 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Azle, Rhome, Haslet, Ponder, Justin Bord--those are all small towns --most of them have their own ISD except for Haslet which is in Northwest ISD zone
one drawback would be mainly land w/o native trees--but that is true for lots of land around Aledo as well

Old 05-27-2008, 08:24 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,888,220 times
Aledo. There are some areas of ALedo that have big trees and 1-2 acres of land and some hills, bluffs etc.. The schools have a very good rep. It's fairly close to Lake worth for shopping and entertainment.

Weatherford...part of Weatherford are in Aledo school district. Weatherford has a real downtown area and small town feel. I think the schools are pretty solid.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:31 PM

50 posts, read 196,250 times
We moved into the Aledo ISD at Xmas. Love the schools and the area. Plenty of housing around, lots of new build. The area is expanding rapidly and they are opening a new Elementary school in the Fall and are building a new 9th grade center for 2010.
Let me know if you have any more questions.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:15 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uroberts View Post
Aledo would be my answer also. Great schools.
Please stay away from Weatherford. The schools are not good. I went to Weatherford High. It has only gotten worse over the years. I refused to put my own children in that school district. I even homeschooled for a while until we could move to Aledo.
For future reference...Weatherford College is a wonderful place to start college.
I wish you the best. Have a safe move.

(By the way...there is a wonderful little restaurant in Weatherford called Golden Moon. Excellent service and food.)

Last edited by fallfanatic; 05-30-2008 at 11:21 PM.. Reason: add

Old 06-01-2008, 11:27 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Azle, Rhome, Haslet, Ponder, Justin Bord--those are all small towns --most of them have their own ISD except for Haslet which is in Northwest ISD zone
one drawback would be mainly land w/o native trees--but that is true for lots of land around Aledo as well
Rhome is a bit of a hike w/ no scenery and little to do except go skydiving (which I've done ). : \

Old 06-01-2008, 12:34 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
personally I don't think Lake Worth offers the same amenities as Hurst/Colleyvlle or Southlake either
the OP wanted some space between towns --- it is hard to get that, larger lots, and urban infrastructure most of the time

think Aledo is starting to see problems with drug availability in the schools--think it is pretty easy to get even though many people think they are moving away from the problem by going out there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth