Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2023, 07:10 PM

2 posts, read 3,468 times

Advertisements

Hello, we are moving from Massachusets to Fortworth Texas by end of May 2023. Our plan is to move into apartments(budget 1800$ but can be streched) in safe neighbourhood with good elementary schools and Indian community. Also with in 20-25 min commute to 76134. Please advise. TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2023, 06:33 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,210,557 times
Fort Worth doesn't have much of an Indian community at all. The few Indian stores are small and the Indian restaurants are awful. If you want to be close to a large Indian community then you need to move as close as possible, taking commute into account, to the Irving neighborhoods of Las Colinas or Valley Ranch. North Arlington zoned for Butler Elementary or Martin High School might be your best compromise depending on whether you can find affordable apartments there.

Keep in mind that DFW is extremely spread out and the rush hour traffic can be horrendous. You will have to choose between good schools, budget, Indian community, and commute because you won't get all of that since the schools in 76134 don't have a good reputation.

Old 02-06-2023, 09:58 AM

11,852 posts, read 26,850,435 times
So you're looking at the area south of I-20 near Alcon Laboratories. Yes, that is not a great area as far as crime, nice housing and good schools. Unfortunately, the Indian communities in Las Colinas/Irving are too far away to commute.

You'll probably want to look at Mansfield, and the south part of Arlington. That area is within commuting distance, and has better houses, lower crime, and much better schools. I have no idea if there is any sort of Indian community there. Be careful about apartments in North Arlington. The newer ones are nice, but the older ones can be higher crime, and again, some of the schools aren't the best.

Old 02-06-2023, 04:30 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
I know two people who work at Alcon and live in the Mid-Cities—
Bedford and Richland Hills I think—
There are some Indian families in those areas—had their children when I taught at Bell HS but they are not a large section of the minorities in the area

Old 02-06-2023, 04:44 PM

2 posts, read 3,468 times
Thankyou so much for taking time and posting the response. As we have 2 kids (8year and 2year) we would like move into a place with indian community and good elementary schools in safer areas. Willing to strech our budget from 2000-2200$ and a little long commute of 30 min. Naming out a few aprtment communities would really help. Thankyou.

Old 02-06-2023, 04:53 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoftwo2020 View Post
Thankyou so much for taking time and posting the response. As we have 2 kids (8year and 2year) we would like move into a place with indian community and good elementary schools in safer areas. Willing to strech our budget from 2000-2200$ and a little long commute of 30 min. Naming out a few aprtment communities would really help. Thankyou.
In the HEB ISD area there was apartment complex right across street from one of the stronger elementary schools
Look on map for Bedford Heights Elem @ 1000 Cummings Rd, Bedford
There are several apts near that school
No idea about whether there are Indian families
But it is probably one of the softer areas in HEB—

Look for crime maps when you are checking apts out

Old 02-07-2023, 08:36 AM

11,852 posts, read 26,850,435 times
Unfortunately most of us here don’t know specific information about individual apartment complexes. There are apartment locator services that can help you find a specific apartment complex that will work for you. The complex pays for their fee, so the service is free to you. A quick Google search for “DFW Apartment Locator” brings up several of these companies.

Old 02-09-2023, 06:58 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,210,557 times
Unfortunately, none of the areas within a 30 minute commute of Alcon have much of an Indian community. Arlington though has not great but better Indian groceries than Fort Worth. I would look in the area zoned for Arlington's Martin High School. Nice area with good homes and good schools within your commute radius. It's also between Alcon and the big Indian community in Irving. My husband's Indian and my mother-in-law, who is quite traditional, lives with us so I speak from experience.

Old 02-09-2023, 09:16 PM

1,844 posts, read 830,369 times
Howdy, On the commute side I would try to avoid using I-20, I-35 and to a lesser degree I-30.
I-35 coming from Burleson and I-20 going through Arlington in both directions can be a pain. I've never had any issues with 820 although it was early in the morning and 360 south isn't too bad.
There are quite a few options for decent apartments in good areas for $1800 as long as you don't want a large 2 or 3 bedroom place (Burleson, Mansfield, Benbrook, and most of the Hurst-Euless-Bedford area. Fort Worth and Arlington apartments vary so much that it's hard to get a area with all good apartments. Can't really help you pick a certain area.
The Indian community is going to be a tough one. The newer neighborhoods tend to attract Indians and there are some of them in some of the southern areas but you would never know based on the lack of Indian businesses. The closest noticeable community is around UTA in northernish Arlington, of course those are mostly students and outside of the neighboring apartments there are vary few Indians in Arlington with the exception of the Viridian community which has picked up a lot of Indians & Nepalese lately. I do expect to see more in N Arlington / HEB as they run out of space in Irving. Some of the newer communities in Mansfield actually have a noticeable amount of central Asians, then again some of them don't seem to have any. For a while I figured the southern Grand Prairie area would start attracting Indians, but it still seems to be mostly SE Asians and SE Arlington is still mostly Vietnamese with a growing middle eastern population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth