Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2015, 06:52 PM

43 posts, read 46,329 times

Advertisements

So I'm looking for a good location in Fort Worth near the city with good schools for myself and my 11 year old boy. I'm currently in Keller but I work in the medical district so looking to get a little closer in. I will be renting and not looking for anything large however want to be in a kid friendly area. I found some great rental condos and homes in and around the area however just don't know enough about the various neighborhoods.

Some of the areas I have found homes for rent are n Arlington Heights and Mistletoe Heights which is right near my office. I like to older, more established areas. So are these areas good for kids, meaning will he have the ability to hop on his bike and mingle with other kids in these areas? Also it looks like it feeds into Paschal which has a pretty low ranking fro what I can see online however that's always hit or miss.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 07:47 PM

11,855 posts, read 26,876,979 times
Arlington Heights is fine, but be careful as its really close to Como which is NOT nice. It also most likely doesn't feed into Paschal HS, but to Arlington Heights HS.

Mistletoe Heights is neat with all of the historic homes. Again, though, double check the schools.

The neighborhoods where you really want to be are just south of TCU. Bluebonnet Circle, South Hills and Tanglewood are the best, and they all feed into Paschal.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:36 AM

254 posts, read 401,358 times
Just an FYI. Don't get discouraged by some of the rankings you see online for Paschal. It's one of the better high schools in North Texas and, believe it or not, sends more kids to the Ivies than the private schools in North Texas. The catch is that's basically a school within a school. If your son is in the AP program, he will be in very good shape there. But if not, there are probably other places worth looking at.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:01 AM

43 posts, read 46,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMFW View Post
Just an FYI. Don't get discouraged by some of the rankings you see online for Paschal. It's one of the better high schools in North Texas and, believe it or not, sends more kids to the Ivies than the private schools in North Texas. The catch is that's basically a school within a school. If your son is in the AP program, he will be in very good shape there. But if not, there are probably other places worth looking at.
How does that work exactly in terms of getting into the AP program?

Old 08-20-2015, 09:55 AM

156 posts, read 283,972 times
Don't know how old your kid is, but Elems to look at are Tanglewood, Lily B Clayton and Westcliff. Also Daggot Montessori and Alice Carlson Applied Learning, though the last two schools are done on a lottery, but I've had friends who have gotten in.

Paschal is a great high school and McLean Middle (6th grd campus and the actual middle school campus) are actually very good despite what you'll read on these boards. I plan on sending my kids there and I have many friends who kids go there and they have been very impressed. As far as AP goes, as long as your kid is interested in doing well and challenging himself he'll be fine, basically the concern is the school focused on providing the resources for motivated kids to excell and they very much are, lots of involved parents.

The area around Arlington Heights, Tanglewood, Overton Park, Berkely Place, Blue Bonnet Hills, Westcliff, etc is great. Close to the medical district, downtown, cultural district, zoo, the trails, we love it.

Lots of kids in the area, though be aware that the neighborhoods are turning over so some streets may have tons of kids and others not so much, but there are def kids in the area, lots of families.

Good luck! Also lots of homes that are for rent in these neighbohoods are not listed, just signs in the yard, words of mouth type of thing. Maybe a local agent might be helpful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth