Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2008, 04:48 PM

17 posts, read 89,955 times

Advertisements

I lived in TX in the late 90s and moved to Arizona where I currently live. I've read the various websites for local TX newspapers about town hall meetings between TXDOT and locals to discuss the proposed "superhighway" project that supposedly begins from the TX/MEX border and goes northward.

Anyone TX residents here have opinions on this proposed highway? Will it be good for TX economically and/or socially?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 10:46 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,076 times
Sounds like a colossal eyesore, have they done an impact study to see the environmental damage it might cause?

Seems like there are already plenty of roads that need to be fixed in this state before attempting costly projects like this.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:43 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Sounds like a colossal eyesore, have they done an impact study to see the environmental damage it might cause?

Seems like there are already plenty of roads that need to be fixed in this state before attempting costly projects like this.
Amen! The roads in Texas leave much to be desired and even if there were decent, I surely don't want that silly TTC highway ruining more of the state.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:49 AM

67 posts, read 217,189 times
I think it is going to be a complete waste of money and huge eyesore as stated. Instead they should use the money to develop mass transit between the metro areas of DFW, Austin, San Antonio, Houston. Much of the traffic along the IH-35 corridor in CTX is people commuting from burbs, and the addition of the toll road has done nothing to sway traffic to the outskirts of Austin.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:58 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
I agree with what the previous posters have stated. The TTC is a terrible idea, for all the reasons given.

horatiodreamt: Just wondering why you put this in the Fort Worth forum if you want to know how Texans in general feel about it.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:39 AM

58 posts, read 207,202 times
Not too sure if the previous posters know that is being proposed to go east of the metroplex and not in it (although Dallas officials are actually fighting for it to be rerouted into Dallas county - a bad idea). Not much of an eyesore if it's not near where you live, go to work, etc.
As far as the expense, didn't everyone say the same thing about the interstate system? Can you imagine getting by without it.
It's progress and will greatly reduce the trucking burden (18 wheelers galore) in the metroplex (which in turn will help all of us greatly in the mteroplex) and reduce the transportation costs of goods throughout North America.
I guess you can tell, I support it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: