Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 05:56 PM

5 posts, read 14,084 times

Advertisements

Enough already! It's really sad that all the good, kind-hearted, simple folk of this great area are being forced out because of big city politcs and BS. I used to live in the country, but in the last 10 years everything has changed, and I'm still living in the same place, but it looks like a different country. I can't trust the people living around here, I can't even depend upon the police anymore. And I know I'm not the only one who is frustrated with the metroplex, why do you think there is so much crime? Just remember this, not everybody around here cares about money, and not everybody is in a hurry. Oh, and avoid all old slow moving Chevy pickups, I might be behind the wheel and if you ride my ass, I will make you eat 2 tons of steel, and just because I drive slow does not mean that truck can't go fast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 08:02 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times
I truly think you will find this everywhere. It is sad but one thing we can be sure of is times are changing and have been for quite some time.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:58 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,066 times
PanteraChick, I definately understand your frustration. We moved out of a portion of Northern California that used to be very small and grew quite a bit after 9/11 and the dotbomb from people moving up for more affordable housing from SF and San Jose. That is one of the reasons we moved, it was changing the complexion of the only home that I knew and I was completely resentful for it.

We chose Fort Worth to start a new life and to adapt to the Texan ways and truly become a Texan not a C word , if you catch my drift.

There will people that come and then realize that it isn't what they expected or wanted, but for us it has become a wonderful home, rich in tradition and history and we want to continue to move that forward.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:55 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,840,928 times
It only going to get worse and Fort Worth-Tarrant County will see the grunt of this growth

Old 04-13-2008, 09:28 PM

50 posts, read 196,229 times
Some of us who have recently moved here haven't had much of a choice..moving from another state that is far worse off than Texas and feeling lucky to be able to move here and be accepted by the majority of Texans.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:02 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nita67 View Post
Some of us who have recently moved here haven't had much of a choice..moving from another state that is far worse off than Texas and feeling lucky to be able to move here and be accepted by the majority of Texans.
One shouldn't base where one moves on being accepted by others. Who is anyone to judge another and accept or not accept? If someone can't accept another, who cares. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff and small people.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:34 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
people won't stop moving here until the economy is probably as bad as it is in Detroit
which is not something to look forward to...

Old 04-14-2008, 09:13 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,887,311 times
I am sorry you feel that way.
Lets see we moved here, bought a house during a down housing market, and are putting lots of money into the local economy...(home depot and lowes alone have gotten alot of my hard earned $$$)
Maybe when the next time for transfer comes up we will take our money elsewhere!

Don't you realise that people moving into the area is what is insulating the DFW from the worst of the economy woes right now?
If all the non-native Texans left this area would be in a real economic pickle.

and...BTW...Most of the people who ride my bumper etc...are huge Pick-up trucks/suvs with people wearing cowboy hats.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:27 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,700,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panterachick2002 View Post
Enough already! It's really sad that all the good, kind-hearted, simple folk of this great area are being forced out because of big city politcs and BS. I used to live in the country, but in the last 10 years everything has changed, and I'm still living in the same place, but it looks like a different country. I can't trust the people living around here, I can't even depend upon the police anymore. And I know I'm not the only one who is frustrated with the metroplex, why do you think there is so much crime? Just remember this, not everybody around here cares about money, and not everybody is in a hurry. Oh, and avoid all old slow moving Chevy pickups, I might be behind the wheel and if you ride my ass, I will make you eat 2 tons of steel, and just because I drive slow does not mean that truck can't go fast!

Cry me a river. Everything changes. So long as the DFW area is a major hotspot for jobs and a relatively inexpensive cost of living, people will flock. If you're averse to change, perhaps you should cash out and move to a stagnant state like South Dakota.

Also remember that even though not everyone is in a rush, not everybody is trying to go slow either. You're just as much of a hazard as the tailgater. And if you follow through with your online threat on the streets, you risk someone blowing your head off. (Or suing you to the ghetto.)

Thanks for the insight & heads-up, though; when I go and visit my family up there I'll definitely be on the lookout for your kind.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:01 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,921,648 times
At least in NW FW, the fast growth will continue for at least the next few years.

BTW, that's OK if you're driving slow, but please do so in the right lane. I can't stand left lane hogs that drive at or below the speed limit. I wish more people knew that the left lane is for passing and the right lane(s) is/are for cruising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth