U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 03:39 PM

44 posts, read 111,104 times

Advertisements

Or are the suburbs going to continue to grow and landlock the city like Dallas? My aunt lives outside of Fort Worth and she does not want to be in Fort Worth or the suburbs either.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 04:14 PM

32,557 posts, read 51,122,069 times
if your aunt lives in unencorporated Tarrant co which means not inside a city's limits---she really can't control whether or not a city might decide to annex the area she lives in--cities usually annex property when there is something it wants--and it is not too worried about providing support services
I would think the city would be looking hard at pulling in unencorporated land that might fall into Barnett Shale properties--especially where there are few people--therefore like few needs for services if people already have wells for water and septic systems for sewers--not in developments but just large land holdings...

Old 06-25-2008, 02:01 PM

44 posts, read 111,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
if your aunt lives in unencorporated Tarrant co which means not inside a city's limits---she really can't control whether or not a city might decide to annex the area she lives in--cities usually annex property when there is something it wants--and it is not too worried about providing support services
I would think the city would be looking hard at pulling in unencorporated land that might fall into Barnett Shale properties--especially where there are few people--therefore like few needs for services if people already have wells for water and septic systems for sewers--not in developments but just large land holdings...
I was really asking if they are going to annex or not?

Old 06-26-2008, 11:53 AM

4 posts, read 14,707 times
I have not heard of anything as of yet, but I also live in unincorporated Tarrat co by Eagle Mountain lake. We have no city taxes, but a mailing address of Ft Worth.

Does your aunt just not want to pay city taxes? or is there other reasons why she doesn't want to be annexed? I know for me, I have had a little trouble getting things done due to not being IN a city(drainage, loose dogs for example)

Old 07-04-2008, 11:55 PM

16 posts, read 39,428 times
We moved to Lake Country Estates right before it was annexed and our taxes doubled when FW annexed the area without us seeing any better services. We literally saw the same water, trash, and police service; some of which just changed the name on their doors after FW took over. We did see the FW horse patrol come out from time to time and patrol the outer hills of the area. We left 3 years ago and I know the area has grown considerably, have they built the new library on Boat Club yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: