U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 02:47 PM

6 posts, read 34,819 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of a way to acquire a parking spot 24/7 in downtown Ft. Worth within a couple of blocks of the TRE station?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 04:01 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,865,447 times
Perhaps you can try to inquire with one of the garages there. However, the garages are several blocks from the train station (I'm assuming you're referring to the one by 9th & Jones).

Old 06-21-2008, 04:38 PM

32,624 posts, read 51,219,092 times
buy a condo in the area and walk---there are probably some surface lots in that area but whether they have spaces open and what they cost have no idea...
downtown FTW parking is expensive...

Old 06-22-2008, 07:45 AM

I live in Dallas and work in Burleson (south of Ft. Worth). I'd like to take the train in and then get my car and drive it into my work then return it to the parking spot and take the train back into Dallas.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:10 AM

you need to move but guess that is not an option

Old 06-23-2008, 11:11 AM

Well, we are working on that, but with the real estate market selling our house in Dallas won't happen overnight.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:19 PM

this site has info about parking in mainly the sundance sq area
because both those tre stations are close to sundance --more on the borders than IN sundance--to my way of thinking but there are several parking lots that are enclosed--not surface lots--within walking distances of couple of blocks---
I don't think you would want your car parked on street in ftw every night...as safe as it is most of the time to be downtown...

you can click on the red P in a circle icon--those are free parking--like in the evening and weekend--and there is some discount during the day if you make a Sundance purchase...
depending on when you are parking and driving out in the morning--you MIGHT actually get away with parking for free--
when you started this thread I thought you were wanting to park DURING the day by the station but if you are driiving OUT of Sundance, you actually might be able to work something out...
the price of hourly/daily/monthly rates are given--don't know how current the info is...

Fort Worth Parking :: Downtown: Parking
some of the street lots are covered--some of the street lots have attendants at night until maybe midnight or so--some of them just have the box/slot to put your money in
found this site as well for sundance sq management--they might actually be open to working out the same type of arrangement for people in your situation with TRE--maybe you could be a trendsetter--I could not see when the AM time starts for paying on the Sundance lots--at 6 or 7 or 8 AM--
but they are really a good walk away from either of the TRE stations...

Sundance Square

Last edited by loves2read; 06-23-2008 at 02:36 PM..

Old 06-25-2008, 03:31 PM

This is tremendously helpful. I might not be able to get to the car everyday--somedays I have to drive a vehicle that I can haul things in. So, they would have to be okay with my leaving the car during the day too. When I lived in Washington D.C. I paid a monthly rate for daily parking in a particular garage. I never left it overnight, but did occassionally not get back to until after 10 pm, then I just used my card to get out. Hmmmm... I may just need to park down there and walk around and look at the garages.

You mentioned two TRE stations? I just thought there was one on the other side of the old post office?

Old 06-26-2008, 10:38 PM

check the TRE site
Trinity Railway Express (TRE) Map
there is one at the T & P--TX and Pacific station and one at the ITC station

Old 09-15-2010, 08:55 PM

34 posts, read 135,172 times
I apologize for dragging up an ancient thread, but did you ever come up with a good solution for this? I find myself in the same situation (live in Dallas, but work in Ft. Worth) and could save a lot of gas money if I could park overnight/weekends and use it during the work week.

Or any other ideas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth