U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2008, 10:57 AM

16 posts, read 34,654 times

Advertisements

Hey all! In our home search, we have stumbled on some homes in the custom section of The Villages of Woodland Springs. What does everybody think? Specifically, I am speaking of the area just south of W Caylor, including Maplewood, Yellow Wood, Water Oak, Soapberry, and Almond. We are familiar with the tracks and all that entails, but are wondering how bearable it would be? Is this a neighborhood where values are continuing to fall?

Budget is around 230-260, and there seem to be various choices in that area.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 07:27 AM

32,603 posts, read 51,192,215 times
if you run search there are posts about Woodland Springs here

I just know that last year, my realtor said there were LOTS of houses for sale there--that getting a listing was almost a hardship
but some of them are very pretty homes and were well built compared to other tract homes--they have trees as well...
there are + / - to living in that area of Keller--
make sure you know where school zones are---and that could change over time as well-
construction on the 377 is working its way north and south--
rail traffic will probably increase due to gas prices
there is new development going in north of Mt. Gilead which is east but will add more traffic in general area...
retail has grown out there--but traffic is really pretty bad--and I would worry about some of the zoning--that area of Woodland Springs is FTW city not Keller...

Old 06-26-2008, 02:03 PM

4 posts, read 14,712 times
That particular part of Woodland springs is nice, but as the previous poster mentioned, there are alot of homes for sale in there(but really where ISN'T there alot for sale). Other than the downfalls that you mentioned, one thing to think about is that you would be in the top part of the price range for the neighborhood. It's usually better to ride the coat-tail of the more expensive homes and try to get in a neighborhood on the low end. However, I know the homes are very nice because I have a friend that lives in that very section.

Other than the amenities that the neighborhood offers, have you thought about looking on the other side of 377? you could definitely get a nice home in that price range in Keller proper without having to deal with the tracks or the new homes(for resale).

Some other nice neighborhoods are Heritage and Saratoga that have that custom feel with the amenities that VOWS has.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:18 PM

5 posts, read 19,831 times
I live in Saratoga, but DO really like the area you are speaking of....It is difficult to get that much housing value- along with mature trees and a good sized lot as you do there. If something were available when we moved here, we may hae gone that way...that said- there are deals to be had everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth