U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 10:14 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,858,010 times

Advertisements

^ Oh yes, those homes would be cheaper, esp, in your area. If you wanted something in the 2,500 SF range and 0-5 years old within 30 min. of Philly, that would cost a fortune, esp. on the NJ side. And never mind the prop. tax of NJ. At least in PA, tax is better than NJ (and probably TX).

Speaking of taxes, one thing you'll miss is how we don't have a state income tax here. You'll have fun in PA and I'm sure will make weekend trips to NYC. Man do I miss the city! People from the NYC area will know there is only one "the city".
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 05:26 PM

1,528 posts, read 5,903,820 times
I actually don't have a preference here. Although I do see myself as closer to Dallas, I go to Fort Worth regularly.
The general difference:
Fort Worth is still Anglo Majority, and Dallas is Minority majority.
Fort Worth is more laid back, but not by an outrageous margin.
Dallas is more Liberal and Fort Worth more conservative.
Fort Worth does have a better downtown, and Dallas more 'hip' places
but the areas are both generally very similar.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:17 AM

48 posts, read 278,594 times
I was born in Dallas but I got to Ft Worth as fast as I could. Actually when my company was opening a branch in Ft Worth, in 82 and asked if I wanted to relocate, I thought, you know, I have lived here all my life and all I know about Ft Worth was ,they have a great zoo.
I would not want to move back to Dallas. I visit my brother there several times a year, and get reminded of why, just on the drive over.
Ft Worth is more laid back, we shut down the streets several times a year and sell food and beer , right out in the open....lol.
I love it here.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:00 PM
JJG

13,582 posts, read 20,453,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
I actually don't have a preference here. Although I do see myself as closer to Dallas, I go to Fort Worth regularly.
The general difference:
Fort Worth is still Anglo Majority, and Dallas is Minority majority.
Fort Worth is more laid back, but not by an outrageous margin.
Dallas is more Liberal and Fort Worth more conservative.
Fort Worth does have a better downtown, and Dallas more 'hip' places
but the areas are both generally very similar.
Yeah. Both cities complement eachother. This is one of the best areas to live in.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:01 PM

11,878 posts, read 34,567,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colt357_2000 View Post
I was born in Dallas but I got to Ft Worth as fast as I could. Actually when my company was opening a branch in Ft Worth, in 82 and asked if I wanted to relocate, I thought, you know, I have lived here all my life and all I know about Ft Worth was ,they have a great zoo.
I would not want to move back to Dallas. I visit my brother there several times a year, and get reminded of why, just on the drive over.
Ft Worth is more laid back, we shut down the streets several times a year and sell food and beer , right out in the open....lol.
I love it here.
Fort Worth - One of the best kept secrets in the US. Although, with the recent news that the city has topped 700,000 residents, I don't think it's such a big secret anymore.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:58 PM

Location: DFW, specializing in NE Tarrant County, Southlake, Westlake, Keller, Grapevine, Trophy Club, Roanoke
77 posts, read 308,402 times
I live in Trophy Club, which is closer to the Ft Worth city limit, but about equidistant to Dallas or Ft Worth downtowns. So I don't really feel more attached to either. I love Dallas for the restaurants, museums and occasional nightlife. I've also got an MD I see regularly just off Central Expressway. On the other hand, I venture into Ft Worth quite regularly. There are all sorts of exhibits and shows (guns, RVs, etc) that come to the city, as well as the Zoo and other attractions.

So I feel I have the best of both worlds and have no reason to choose one or the other!

Old 06-28-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Fort Worth - One of the best kept secrets in the US. Although, with the recent news that the city has topped 700,000 residents, I don't think it's such a big secret anymore.
My buddy who lives in Austin feels the same way about his city. He's like a nonstop marketing campaign for that hippie city. I sent him the link about FW passing 700k in population and replied, "That's good, but I think Austin is pushing 750k. " LOL

Old 06-30-2008, 01:44 PM
JJG

13,582 posts, read 20,453,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
My buddy who lives in Austin feels the same way about his city. He's like a nonstop marketing campaign for that hippie city. I sent him the link about FW passing 700k in population and replied, "That's good, but I think Austin is pushing 750k. " LOL
Austin is growing just as rapid as the other Texas cities. But as long as Fort Worth is growing, I'm happy. Now, if we can just get more urban projects going. Light rail, more inner city redevelopment..... you know?

Old 07-01-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Austin is growing just as rapid as the other Texas cities. But as long as Fort Worth is growing, I'm happy. Now, if we can just get more urban projects going. Light rail, more inner city redevelopment..... you know?
And most importantly, FW needs a more impressive skyline.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:59 AM

288 posts, read 1,118,448 times
I've always preferred Fort Worth to Dallas. As everyone's said, it's more laid back. Plus the businesses, while no less professional, are more easy-going settings. The city is quieter, more peaceful. While other cities are more frantic, FW just sits there contentedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth