U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 10:53 PM

5 posts, read 36,577 times

Advertisements

Live in Fort Worth...play in Dallas...or have a condo in Dallas, too!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 11:48 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,890,204 times
At a BBQ, I spoke w/ a couple Dallas folks over the weekend while they were visiting their friends here. I asked how they compare the 2 cities. They said they like how FW is different from Dallas and gives them a change of pace from the hectic life of Dallas. But they like Dallas' much larger variety of activities, restaurants, etc.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:12 PM

19 posts, read 29,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
The world's largest small town.....

I don't hate Dallas and I wont because it's a fellow Texas city, but what I do hate is when people see Dallas as the ONLY city in DFW. We have our own culture and history. This is certainly a great city and I believe it's our job as Ft. Worthians to stop letting people say "we're here in Dallas", when they're actually in Fort Worth.
You're still in the Dallas area, like in L.A when they're in Santa Monica or Hollywood they usually say we're in L.A, or in NYC, when you're Brooklyn people still say they're in NYC so I don't know why Fort Worth people try to fight it so bad because I didn't know Fort Worth existed till I came to Texas so it's obviously not that popular in other states so it's living in Dallas' shadow. I still call the entire metro Dallas I only stay fortworth if it's someone I know in texas.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:03 PM

254 posts, read 342,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers all day View Post
You're still in the Dallas area, like in L.A when they're in Santa Monica or Hollywood they usually say we're in L.A, or in NYC, when you're Brooklyn people still say they're in NYC so I don't know why Fort Worth people try to fight it so bad because I didn't know Fort Worth existed till I came to Texas so it's obviously not that popular in other states so it's living in Dallas' shadow. I still call the entire metro Dallas I only stay fortworth if it's someone I know in texas.
Oh boy, here we go again...

Old 05-19-2014, 11:20 PM
JJG

13,614 posts, read 20,547,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers all day View Post
You brought this 6 year old thread back up... just for THAT?

Old 05-21-2016, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 837 times
I want to know - why is Dallas historically much bigger than Ft.Worth... Ft.Worth was the original "out post" of the US govnt at a Fort... so what gives??

Old 05-26-2016, 12:10 PM

713 posts, read 626,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancelot View Post
I want to know - why is Dallas historically much bigger than Ft.Worth... Ft.Worth was the original "out post" of the US govnt at a Fort... so what gives??
Dallas -
Initially being at intersection of Trinity River & Preston Trail , then the Missouri-Kansas-Texas railroad, with electricity following in 1885, and then the oil boom of the 30's and 40' in TX & OKC all banked in Dallas; invention of the Integrated-Circuit (computer chip) in the 50's (high-tech center) , and RE boom in the 70's and 80's.

FtWorth; a fort and cowtown (cattle slaughterhouse).

Both are cool .

Old 05-26-2016, 07:22 PM

641 posts, read 634,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugacoles View Post
Since Fort Worth and Dallas are so close, what the difference between the two cities?
I lived in both. I'm a transplant. Started in Dallas. Moved to Fort Worth. Moving back to the Dallas side soon. Here's my take:

I can fully admit that Fort Worth is the better city but Dallas is better for me. If you are single and a busy body, you'll enjoy Dallas more. If you are the family type and are my laid back, Fort Worth is the place to be.

I really enjoy both cities so it's hard to kind of bash one over the other. I'd say FW is better bc it's cleaner, people are nicer, it's city govt is ran better, and it's downtown (although not as glitzy) is the ideal downtown. It's vibrant, safe and fun.

So why am I choosing the Dallas side?

Simple, bc I have more family and friends on that side. If I could convince them all to move to the FW side, I'd never leave. Not only that, I'm the type that love the flashing lights, glitz, and fast pace. FW is better but a suburb of Dallas (not too far away from both cities) is best for me.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:30 PM

858 posts, read 833,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
I lived in both. I'm a transplant. Started in Dallas. Moved to Fort Worth. Moving back to the Dallas side soon. Here's my take:

I can fully admit that Fort Worth is the better city but Dallas is better for me. If you are single and a busy body, you'll enjoy Dallas more. If you are the family type and are my laid back, Fort Worth is the place to be.

I really enjoy both cities so it's hard to kind of bash one over the other. I'd say FW is better bc it's cleaner, people are nicer, it's city govt is ran better, and it's downtown (although not as glitzy) is the ideal downtown. It's vibrant, safe and fun.

So why am I choosing the Dallas side?

Simple, bc I have more family and friends on that side. If I could convince them all to move to the FW side, I'd never leave. Not only that, I'm the type that love the flashing lights, glitz, and fast pace. FW is better but a suburb of Dallas (not too far away from both cities) is best for me.
Thats what I love about Denton, where I grew up.....Both Ft.Worth and Dallas are each roughly 40 miles from Denton....not too close but close enough.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth