U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 08:47 AM

45 posts, read 153,042 times

Advertisements

Since Fort Worth and Dallas are so close, what the difference between the two cities?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 08:57 AM

362 posts, read 1,609,083 times
IMO, Ft Worth is smaller, has less traffic, and a nicer walkable downtown. It also has the two best museums for my taste...the Kimball and the Modern.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:41 AM

11,878 posts, read 34,554,548 times
Default Fort Worth is Great

The two cities are not similar at all. They're both large, but that's just about where the similarities end.

Dallas is more glitzy and Fort Worth is more laid back. But Fort Worth is not lacking in any amenities or culture.

I prefer Fort Worth but am not bashing Dallas at all.

Fort Worth is one of the cleanest, safest cities of its size in the country. Opportunity abounds in Fort Worth and a person can earn a good living. Jobs are plentiful, housing is relatively inexpensive, there is a lot to do, and the people are some of the friendliest anywhere.

I'm originally from Oklahoma and have lived here for almost half my life (actually I live in Hurst now, but close enough).

Soon we will probably be moving to the Northeast, but Fort Worth will always hold a special place in my heart.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:59 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,851,745 times
^Syn, you're moving? Where to in the NE? Sorry to go off topic.

Thread starter, I agree w/ the 2 previous posters have said. Dallas is big and more like a major city, but you have more crime, traffic, etc. that typically come w/ big cities. FW gives you urban and rural all in one locale.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:53 PM

1,018 posts, read 3,838,237 times
Dallas is obsessed with image; Ft. Worth, not really at all.
That does mean in Dallas you get the advantage of fancy-shmancy restaurants, hip hang-outs, etc., but I noticed business tends to be more fly-by-night in Dallas. I got to the point that I assumed most everyone there was trying to rip me off for a quick buck rather than do a good job and earn my repeat business.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:37 PM

11,798 posts, read 23,031,613 times
Dallas is a big city. Fort Worth is a big town. I prefer the big town.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:19 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,851,745 times
One bad thing about FW vs. Dallas is that it often plays second fiddle. Many big and popular stores and restaurants will more likely open up at Dallas and ignore FW. I'm talking about the tons of ethnic foods in Dallas (and even Arlington) vs. the dearth of them in FW. I'm talking about stores like Ikea, REI, and Fry's Electronics opening up in the Dallas and Arlington areas, but shunning out FW. Ditto for gyms, although 24 Hour Fitness and LA Fitness have finally given some attention to FW. Hopefully more of the popular businesses will continue to pay attention to FW as this city continues to grow.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:28 PM

36,745 posts, read 40,891,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Dallas is a big city. Fort Worth is a big town. I prefer the big town.
I always think of Ft Worth as a big small town. Much more laid back & down to earth.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:12 AM
JJG

13,581 posts, read 20,432,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I always think of Ft Worth as a big small town. Much more laid back & down to earth.
The world's largest small town.....

I don't hate Dallas and I wont because it's a fellow Texas city, but what I do hate is when people see Dallas as the ONLY city in DFW. We have our own culture and history. This is certainly a great city and I believe it's our job as Ft. Worthians to stop letting people say "we're here in Dallas", when they're actually in Fort Worth.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:24 AM

Location: DFW, specializing in NE Tarrant County, Southlake, Westlake, Keller, Grapevine, Trophy Club, Roanoke
77 posts, read 308,245 times
I lived on the east coast for 12 years before returning home. I'd say the relationship between Dallas and Ft. Worth is very similar to the relationship between Washington and Baltimore. Two sister cities roughly 35 miles apart... sharing a major international airport... but about as different as night and day.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth