Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 01:29 AM

8 posts, read 227,658 times

Advertisements

Hi,My husband and I are going to be moving to graham,does anyone know anything about this town? How are the schools? Is it a nice place to raise a family? How is the weather,is it really hot there?We are coming from reno,nv It gets hot in reno,but we don't have alot of humidity.Is the humidity high there in graham? We have been told so many different things,I would just like to hear about the town from somebody who lives there.Thank you for any info you can give me........

Last edited by jess76; 07-02-2008 at 02:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 02:54 PM

63 posts, read 284,523 times
I do not live, nor am I from Graham, however I can tell you a few things.

If you're coming from Nevada the humidity will be a shock I'm afraid. However, compared to other locations such as Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and even Dallas, the humidity isn't really that bad. Typical summer days have highs in the mid 90's, with lows around 70.

I don't know much about the schools, but it is a nice little town on the edge of what is called the Palo Pinto mountains. Don't let the name fool you, they're really more like hills as the highest elevations are less than 2,000 feet. But, it is a very pretty area with big hills, and an awesome lake, (Possum Kingdom.) I believe the town is growing fairly quickly too, especially compared to similar sized towns in the state. I've sometimes thought of retiring in tha area some day, (around 30 years from now.)

Old 07-02-2008, 04:27 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,380,632 times
i used to live in Graham and worked as an Emergency Room nurse at the hospital in town. it is one of the nicer small towns in Texas, very safe, friendly. i loved it. the hospital is TOP NOTCH-very well funded by wealthy benefactors, Young County old oil money. very pretty landscape. Graham Lake has a crappie house for crappie fishing. Possum Kingdom Lake is AWESOME-huge. very close by-just a short 10 minute drive. excellent bbq and home cookin' restaurants. large clean town square. good police department. good schools. brand new rodeo arena with lots of events. cowboy church in town. small Walmart that is never crowded. decent grocery store. when i needed something more, i would usually go to Wichita Falls or Ft Worth, both pretty equidistant, except less traffic and people in Wichita Falls. Graham has a nice general aviation airport (not commercial). humidity aint bad-it's dry heat compared to East Texas or the deep South, but of course more humid than Nevada.
for a small town, it's pretty "upscale"..not trailer trash redneck (though i dont think redneck is a bad thang)....sure, ya got some lowlifes just like anywhere, but for the most part, decent folks, and lots of old money. lots of cowboy types there, of course. lots of equine stuff, rodeo stuff, hunting/fishing. it's the perfect Texas in my opinion. nice homes. oh and high school football rules, just like anywhere in Texas ya know. i loved Graham and have NOTHING bad to say about Graham or Young County or the area surrounding it.
oh, and Young County Humane Society is very well run. please consider volunteering there, if yall are animal lovers. great way to meet lots of folks. and if yall can, please find it in your heart to adopt a pet when yall get settled.
what's bringin yall to Graham????

Last edited by NOTAM; 07-02-2008 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: add

Old 07-03-2008, 11:21 PM

8 posts, read 227,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
i used to live in Graham and worked as an Emergency Room nurse at the hospital in town. it is one of the nicer small towns in Texas, very safe, friendly. i loved it. the hospital is TOP NOTCH-very well funded by wealthy benefactors, Young County old oil money. very pretty landscape. Graham Lake has a crappie house for crappie fishing. Possum Kingdom Lake is AWESOME-huge. very close by-just a short 10 minute drive. excellent bbq and home cookin' restaurants. large clean town square. good police department. good schools. brand new rodeo arena with lots of events. cowboy church in town. small Walmart that is never crowded. decent grocery store. when i needed something more, i would usually go to Wichita Falls or Ft Worth, both pretty equidistant, except less traffic and people in Wichita Falls. Graham has a nice general aviation airport (not commercial). humidity aint bad-it's dry heat compared to East Texas or the deep South, but of course more humid than Nevada.
for a small town, it's pretty "upscale"..not trailer trash redneck (though i dont think redneck is a bad thang)....sure, ya got some lowlifes just like anywhere, but for the most part, decent folks, and lots of old money. lots of cowboy types there, of course. lots of equine stuff, rodeo stuff, hunting/fishing. it's the perfect Texas in my opinion. nice homes. oh and high school football rules, just like anywhere in Texas ya know. i loved Graham and have NOTHING bad to say about Graham or Young County or the area surrounding it.
oh, and Young County Humane Society is very well run. please consider volunteering there, if yall are animal lovers. great way to meet lots of folks. and if yall can, please find it in your heart to adopt a pet when yall get settled.
what's bringin yall to Graham????
Thank you sooooo much for all the info,I can't wait to get over there.My husband is a driller and he is going to work on the oil rigs near graham.And he has family over there.It's going to be a big change from reno,but i think we are going to be happy over
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth