Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 09:58 AM

22 posts, read 57,681 times

Advertisements

Just a short comment about "HomeTown"...

When we were looking for a new home several years ago (at that time, I taught on the TCC Northeast campus)...we had considered a home in HomeTown, NRH. The main reason was because it reminded me so much of MY home town in Cleveland, Ohio. The porches, the homes close together, not cookie-cutter styles, etc. However, we didn't like the tight streets and the lack of "community." Like you, I thought it was weird that nobody was out taking walks (we visited several times during several times of the day). In fact, we parked our car and walked the entire neighborhood one evening and didn't see a soul.

We didn't end up buying a home in that neighborhood because I now am on another campus. But, with this said...the neighborhood we live now seems to be bustling with activity (we just moved here a year ago). This morning the kids were on their bikes, us adults were working on our yards, somebody across the street was chatting with another neighber...etc...etc. A real community.

With this said, however...I haven't visited "HomeTown" in a few years...so, it may be different now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 07:32 AM

22 posts, read 133,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txartcgal View Post
Just a short comment about "HomeTown"...

When we were looking for a new home several years ago (at that time, I taught on the TCC Northeast campus)...we had considered a home in HomeTown, NRH. The main reason was because it reminded me so much of MY home town in Cleveland, Ohio. The porches, the homes close together, not cookie-cutter styles, etc. However, we didn't like the tight streets and the lack of "community." Like you, I thought it was weird that nobody was out taking walks (we visited several times during several times of the day). In fact, we parked our car and walked the entire neighborhood one evening and didn't see a soul.

We didn't end up buying a home in that neighborhood because I now am on another campus. But, with this said...the neighborhood we live now seems to be bustling with activity (we just moved here a year ago). This morning the kids were on their bikes, us adults were working on our yards, somebody across the street was chatting with another neighber...etc...etc. A real community.

With this said, however...I haven't visited "HomeTown" in a few years...so, it may be different now?
If you don't mind sharing, what neighborhood/city did you end up buying in?

Old 04-13-2009, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,787 times
I live in Hometown and have for over 7 years. We were one of the first phase homes and we love it. We participate in many planned social and athletic activities and our kids have friends all around. I personally have a screened in back porch that I use regularly, but a lot of neighbors get together on the front porches also. There are dinner clubs, festivals, etc. and a lot of families with children. I love it and truly do believe that it will always feel like home to my children, even once they have moved away.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,603 times
Default hometown

I live in Hometown in North Richland Hills and I love it. There is a good mix of families with a lot of young families with kids, several empty nesters, some retired people, etc. We belong to the dinner club so every month we go to dinner at one of the neighborhood houses with about ten other residents. That is one way to meet people. Every night there are people walking, often times with their dogs, and people sit on their porches. I think you didn't see too many people out when you drove through because in the summer when it is so hot, people tend to stay inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth