Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2008, 01:08 PM

53 posts, read 102,631 times

Advertisements

My Husband has an opportunity in Fort Worth (actually Duncanville) that is very difficult to resisit. We live in Toronto, have 4 children, 2 daughters in University and 2 sons in High School. The most difficult will be for my son who has been in his current highschool for 2 years already, to pull him out of it will be torture I think.
I have been looking extensively on where to live. So far this is what seems to appeal to me, but really I haven't a clue, Addison, University Park, Highland Park and Plano.
Maybe if I could find an area that I love, this transition will not be sooo difficult for our family. I really would love to have an established neighborhood, looove trees, an old house would be ideal. I saw some beautiful craftsman houses. A new house in an established neighborhood would be fine too. I would like to be able to walk to places and not have to be forced to drive the car everywhere. A pool would be wonderful. Price range would be approx. 450k to 550k. (possibly 600K)
Any information would be greatly appreciated. It's all very exciting and scary, we haven't even made a decision yet as to whether or not my husband will even accept this position.
(hey, just because we're Canadians doesn't necessarily mean we play hockey, so we don't have to be close to a rink, however my sons are solidly into sports...just not Hockey...surprised?) Actually my son loves football so I'm hoping I could convince him how much the Americans appreciate football (oops, stereotyping) ...there is no football team in his highschool.

....Thanks : )

Last edited by Elizabeth924; 07-18-2008 at 01:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 05:55 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,539 times
You should post this on the Dallas forum. Duncanville is a suburb of Dallas rather than Fort Worth and all the other suburbs you mentioned.

I am pretty sure that you are looking at 1M+ for University Park and Highland Park.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:02 PM

53 posts, read 102,631 times
OH OK, I'll try that....thanks

Old 07-22-2008, 10:55 AM

295 posts, read 949,337 times
I was going to say... Duncanville is a HAUL from where I live (Keller). I have a friend that lives there though and the times we've visited it looks very nice! some nice hills and open fields... Plano would be far away too, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth