U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 08:38 PM

33 posts, read 177,441 times

Advertisements

I am looking for recommendations for good instructors for riding. Primarily the english style( huntseat, dressage, jumping) for my 8 year old. Would eventually like to lease, but for now, just lessons.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 11:26 AM

3,033 posts, read 11,026,984 times
Keller
Normandy Farms Irish Draught Horses

Southlake
Marshall Creek Ranch

using google I came up with...
Horseback Riding in Dallas, TX
Keller, Texas Horseback Riding, Horse Back Riding Stables in Keller TX, Riding Lessons Showcase

Old 08-01-2008, 09:55 PM

53 posts, read 228,596 times
Got this from another board:

Coyote Creek Equestrian Center at 6301 Chapman Rd. in Watauga.
They offer both English and Western lessons at $35 an hour. They don't have a website, but here is their number 871-812-8722 or 817-726-8627

Old 08-04-2008, 11:46 AM

thanks I will see what that comes up with. I assumed there would be lots of places around here , surprised to see there isn't!

Old 08-04-2008, 01:52 PM

53 posts, read 228,596 times
I was too! I was so excited to live in an area with lots of farms/horses and was really surprised to not find any petting farms/pony ride type places or more stables with riding lessons. My kids love animals but I would rather visit someone else' than own my own

Old 08-04-2008, 05:42 PM

10,537 posts, read 22,419,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Keller View Post
I was too! I was so excited to live in an area with lots of farms/horses and was really surprised to not find any petting farms/pony ride type places or more stables with riding lessons.
The liability insurance involved with running a riding stable is pretty expensive, and the overhead costs are outrageous! Plus, the potential for income is really low, too. Bummer, but if you get your kids into Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, or Y Indian Princesses, they will have a lot of opportunities to ride horses!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
The liability insurance involved with running a riding stable is pretty expensive, and the overhead costs are outrageous! Plus, the potential for income is really low, too. Bummer, but if you get your kids into Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, or Y Indian Princesses, they will have a lot of opportunities to ride horses!
I can totally understand that, the expense of the business. However I am looking for more of a riding oportunity then just scouts..... this will eventually turn into ownership and compeditive riding.

I don't believe normandy farms has lessons horses, its a private barn. One needs to board there horse there to be able to take lessons.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:13 AM

32,540 posts, read 51,070,183 times
you should also consider that many areas here are TOWNS not just rural acreage like out in Weatherford or Bartonville--that makes zoning to get along with your neighbors more of an issue for a facility like a riding stable with more than one or two horses...

horses make a lot of manure which means issues with smell, runoff, flies, congestion from visitors, and noise--all of which can definitely effect the value of neighboring properties...
you should be glad there are facilities that are fairly close...

Old 09-10-2008, 08:42 AM

Yes having been a horse owner previously for many years I am quite aware of the "issues" that come along with horses. I wrongly assumed that this area would have a plethera of riding activities. IMHO( and I have lived in 9 different cities/towns in 6 different states) this area is one of the more "rural" areas we have lived in, and definately the most "cowboy" of them all. So yes, I was surprised.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:29 PM

28 posts, read 83,060 times
Speaking from New Mexico, your search opens the opportunity to brag about my equestrian daughter. She is now married to a cowboy, living and working on a ranch in Texas. She is recent graduate of NMSU. During her pre-college schooling we included lessons from a local English riding academy. (their business dropped off and they went out of business). Her college education was partially paid for from scholarships and also NM lottery money. When she started college, from the very start, she joined the English Riding Team. Then shortly thereafter, the college changed the program into a sport. She then qualified and received sport scholarship. Every parent of young children that I meet, I tell them to encourage their childs interest and education with the equine sport. A little expense today goes a long way tomorrow. Aside from equine, she graduated with a business degree, project management. She will someday, I hope, take over my theme park consulting business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth