U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,390 times

Advertisements

We're looking at a lot in Cabot Estates and I'm wondering if the water situation has improved at all. Could you give me an update please?

Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabotestateshomeowner View Post
I am a homeowner in Cabot Estates, Mansfield TX. Overall, this is a great neighborhood - great neighbors and nice homes. We have one major problem out here though.... we don't have enough water to support our subdivision. The water company we use is Southwest Water Systems, formerly Monarch Water Company. We are restricted to Level 3 Water Restrictions from July - December every year. Which means absolutely no outside watering. This does not fair well for a one-acre lot. Some of the homeowners on higher elevations out here have such low water pressure during peak watering times that they cannot even flush toilets.

We have live here for almost 3 years and every Summer, we have been told that Monarch would be drilling another well "this Summer". In October of 2008 the homeowners began to share information and everyone was hearing something different. We have been proactive since then and met with representatives from Southwest Water Systems. They claim they have no money for a new well until 2010 at the earliest.

Our Developer would like to continue selling lots even though he knows the problems we are having. Homeowners are not being told of the water problems.

In December 2008 several neighbors put out signs stating, "Before you buy in Cabot Estates Ask me about the WATER". We have had several people stop to ask questions and we are being honest with them. I've even had realtors stop to ask questions, because they are not being told of the problems either.

On January 22, our Developer send a "warning letter" to all homeowners demanding that we take the signs down citing a restriction in our Covenants. He has never enforced Covenant violations before, but since these signs are effecting his pocketbook he is threatening to enforce this one.

My concern is that people are not getting good info before they buy their "dream home" in Cabot Estates. Once the water system is updated, the neighborhood will be great. You just have to be willing to wait.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 08:13 AM

32,649 posts, read 51,315,106 times
I can't and frankly I would think the easiest way to know if there has been an improvement is to look at the lots--if they look better (i.e. grass is greener) then there has been more watering maybe--we have had rain

your best bet is to actually drive through there on weekend and hope to catch some people in their yards and ask them....
you might also try to call the developer and see if he has upgraded his system but frankly I would not trust what he had to say based on past evidence

Old 09-17-2009, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,268 times
I'm another Cabot Estates homeowner. My wife and I moved in Oct 08. We can see, what looks like, they are drilling a new well but haven't heard if that is what is truely going on. I think I also noticed a new concrete pad for the extra storage tank they mentioned providing us. There are definatley things going on at the water well site! We haven't been informed of level 3 restrictions this year probably because they have been pumping water in from another water district when we have low pressure. But it is still irritating at level 2 to only water once a week and can only wash cars on that same day after 8pm! We eagerly look forward to next year and pray we won't be on level 2 anymore!

Old 04-23-2010, 12:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,071 times
Default Question for Cabot Estates Homeowners

i have read the thread of posts from Jan 2009. I recently saw that there was a new water well drilled in the neighborhood. Has the helped the problems that you were referring to in your previous posts? My family is in the final stages of buying a home in that area, so your feedback is appreciated.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:36 PM

32,649 posts, read 51,315,106 times
send a PM directly to that Cabor estates owner--best way to get info to her--she has not posted anything after that first post

Old 01-22-2013, 07:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,002 times
Looking to build in Cabot Estates. Is the water issue better and is the soil/dirt suitable for digging an in-ground pool?

Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 PM

10,600 posts, read 22,568,793 times
You will have a lot better responses by starting a new post than by topping one from 2 years ago...

Old 01-23-2013, 04:36 AM

394 posts, read 1,147,800 times
I drove through several months ago (last summer) and the homes, lawns, and properties there are actually quite beautiful. It has reallycome a long way!

-Eric

Old 01-25-2013, 06:41 AM

2 posts, read 3,002 times
Thx Eric!

Old 08-04-2013, 11:03 PM

5 posts, read 25,563 times
The water problem has been fixed with a new, much larger well. We bought in '09 and couldn't be happier. If you find a house for sale here and are interested, I would suggest jumping on it. The few houses that sold recently were barely on the market before selling. There are some lots for sale if you want to build.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth