Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:27 PM

7 posts, read 25,324 times

Advertisements

We are so close to buying a home in aledo, but now having second thoughts. After much research and many visits to the fort worth area, we were able to find a new build with 1/2 acre in aledo on our budget of $230,000. We have a 4 yr. old, so schools are very important. Commute times are not a factor, except hubby will need to fly occasionally. We thought we had it all figured out, but recently I realized we didn't really look at trophy club too much. There are some older homes in our price range with pools or yards big enough to put one in and still have enough room to play. The new high school being built there makes it very appealing. I need people who know these areas to give the pros and cons, as these two areas are very different. Please help, any info. would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 01:58 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,249,908 times
If you are getting the same quality home, similar price range and amenities, then I think you will see a much better appreciation in Trophy Club. You would be much closer to Fort Worth or to Dallas if you wanted to attend events etc..

I would consider Aledo if you were getting some acreage with the home of at least an acre. That usually is the reason for people to move a bit outside the city without being too secluded.

Both cities are very well liked by the people that live there. I haven't run into anyone from either place that regretted it.

Naima

Old 08-25-2008, 06:06 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
since your daughter is 4, right now the high school is not something to consider except for the fact that there was probably a bond issue to pay for it but Northwest did add two elementary schools--O A Peterson on Winter Hawk Dr in FTW and Sendera Ranch in Haslet (Sendera development)...
Trophy Club to me is like of claustrophobic because there are about two streets in/out of the development--which means traffic flows heavily on them and the inner streets are pretty twisty
many of the lots in Trophy Club are small and from what I have seen on MLS the older homes do have pretty dated floor plans--
there are trees there in some of the areas which is nice--
retail construction has seen some growth but most people have to drive into Keller or Southlake for most of what they need--
to me it is not a very "convenient" town since much of your drive time is just getting out of the development...but it is definitely closer to DFW airport than Aledo...
and frankly I think Northwest ISD is a better bet than Aledo and you probably will see more home appreciation---I think people living in Aledo and driving into FTW will tend to slack off with the higher gas prices and limited public transportation...
gas is going to go up after the election...wait and see...

Old 09-24-2008, 10:24 PM

6 posts, read 30,717 times
Both areas are extremely neat places. Just get an inspection if you contract Trophy Club I have run into foundation issues there.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:35 AM

140 posts, read 404,679 times
If you want any land Aledo would be the place to go. You will not get that in TC.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGrlNTX View Post
Both areas are extremely neat places. Just get an inspection if you contract Trophy Club I have run into foundation issues there.

Yuo should Always get a home inspection if you buy a home

Old 09-30-2008, 11:43 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,184 times
Trophy Club is a very affluent city. Aledo is not as rich, but is more spacious. Both are about 30 min. away from downtown FW, but TC is considerably closer to DFW Airport than Aledo.

If you want more physical space, such as a larger property (you mentioned 1/2 acre), choose Aledo. If you want rich neighbors and want to see expensive cars all the time, choose TC.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:19 AM

Trophy Club is not Southlake--many of the homes in there are relatively moderate because Trophy Club never really "took off" after its first bloom...the per capital income is not like Southlake's...it is only the newer housing that was built in last 5 yrs or so that is top-dollar...
there is new tract development going in TC area currently but they are not million dollar homes...
and there are plenty of people living out in Aledo that drive BMWs and Escalades...

Old 10-01-2008, 06:23 AM

Trophy Club is not Southlake--most homes are relatively more moderate in price and you do not see any of the tear-down/rebuild because lots are too small--TC did not really take off after it was first built because Solana did not take off...there is new development there now but they are not million dollar homes...there are a few custom homes built in last 5 or so years that are high-dollar--but that is special gated area--
and because Aledo is so wide an area there are plenty of people living there that drive expensive cars...it is just larger, more spread out, and have more diverse building going on...

and the OP has not been here in month--she may not even care about this issue anymore...

Old 10-01-2008, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Trophy Club is a very affluent city. Aledo is not as rich, but is more spacious.
Have you seen the home prices in Aledo? The school are great also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth