Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,451 times

Advertisements

i got a few questions for you ft worthers dh and i are looking and we have found a home we really like. i found the tarrant county tax caluculator but i don't have the details to get a proper estimate. what is the average percentage in ftw? my second question is, is this School District Keller (Elementary: Bluebonnet; Middle: Hillwood; Intermediate: Parkwood; High: CENTRAL) any good? where do i find good info about these schools? i tried google but i just come up with ratings that aren't very helpful. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 04:40 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,887,311 times
Keller isd was rated Recognised this year.

The elem school BLUEBONNET is a very good school it is rated exemplary.
Int. Parkewood (5&6th) is rated recognised.
Hillwood MS (7&8) is a concern it's rated acceptable
Central HS is rated acceptable (but it's a good school with good staff, I won't be surprised to see it jump up next year)

so yes I'd say they are GOOD schools esp up to grade 6. and Good for HS, my concern would be the middle school. It's not terrrible, but there are better MS in the district.

ALSO look on the new boundry map for HS some that go to central now will go to the new HS and some to Fossil ridge in the fall of 09.
DO NOT trust the realtor listings for schools as most are not updated yet... check the district boundry map. http://www.kellerisd.net/kellerisd/dmdocuments/downloads/New_High_School_Boundary_Map_01-08-08.pdf (broken link)

here another useful map for Keller ISD...it shows where all the schools are located.
http://www.kellerisd.net/kellerisd/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=878 (broken link)

LOOK on Keller ISD - Home the Keller ISD page
LOOK on Great schools or school digger
Look on the TEA website as well for school info.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:36 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
you can tell from the tax appraisal site what % tax rate and the valuation for the home--if it is one that is a couple of years old--they are listed by address for each house in the county...

Old 09-10-2008, 06:26 PM

1,673 posts, read 7,018,522 times
This is not exact, but assume the tax rate is 2.5% of the tax appraised value. If you know what county, for example, if in Tarrant county, go to www.tad.org, click the link for property data search, then input location address. This will give you the tax value and multiply by 2.5% for approximate tax value. If property is in a different county, do a google search of tax appraisal district (name of county)

Old 09-11-2008, 01:55 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,255,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugirlintx View Post
i got a few questions for you ft worthers dh and i are looking and we have found a home we really like. i found the tarrant county tax caluculator but i don't have the details to get a proper estimate. what is the average percentage in ftw? my second question is, is this School District Keller (Elementary: Bluebonnet; Middle: Hillwood; Intermediate: Parkwood; High: CENTRAL) any good? where do i find good info about these schools? i tried google but i just come up with ratings that aren't very helpful. thanks!

You go also go to www.greatschools.net and find reviews from parents.

The area of Fort Worth with Keller ISD where all these schools falls has a tax rate of 2.86 with the following breakdown:

County Tax 0.266500
County Hospital 0.230390
County College 0.139380
City Fort Worth 0.855000
School Keller 1.357400
County water dt. 0.020000

Remember that in Texas you get a homestead exemption when the home is your primary residence. That will give you a significant discount on your taxes.

I hope this info helps.

Naima

Old 09-12-2008, 04:05 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,921,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorBurek View Post
This is not exact, but assume the tax rate is 2.5% of the tax appraised value. If you know what county, for example, if in Tarrant county, go to www.tad.org, click the link for property data search, then input location address. This will give you the tax value and multiply by 2.5% for approximate tax value. If property is in a different county, do a google search of tax appraisal district (name of county)
I thought it's more like 3%.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:45 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
the tax rate varies by entity and county--Tarrant Co hospital district has one rate, Tarrant county, Keller ISD and FTW city have different tax rates as well...so you have to look at each one's rate and the valuation to get the overall tax total...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth