Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 02:12 AM

12 posts, read 51,494 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone...well I am yet another wanna be Texan coming from....yep, Cali! My heart is already there and just waiting for the rest of me to show up. I would like to hear how Parker and Wise Counties compare or differ. Do they have hills and views, or city light views? I want to be in the country but not too far out. Would like to drive no more than 40 mins to get to downtown Fort Worth if possible. Weatherford, Decatur, Paradise, Brock, it all looks nice! I'm a single mom and don't want to be in an isolated area. Does the following exist? Any communities or areas with a nice home(built 95' or up), 4-5 acres, horses ok, views of or from rolling hills, nearby walking/biking trails, parks, safe/low crime, clean air, no traffic or flooding problems and in the $275 range or under? When I started my search I was focused on Rockwall County and parts of Hunt/Collin also. How do the two sides of the metroplex compare? From what I have read on here the Fort Worth side seems more favorable because of friendliness and I love rolling hills and views. Would love your input on these areas!! I also will appreciate any areas to avoid for my notes. I'm also confused about the talk of the superhighway to be built and exactly which side of the metroplex it will be built around? I don't want to look and fall in love with an area that is threatened with that possibility!Thank you kindly for your responses Dreaming of Texas......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 12:41 PM

5 posts, read 51,527 times
I live in Weatherford, Parker County, and I really like it. I think you would probably be happier in Parker county because it is rather secluded in Wise county. The further east you go the less hills you will have so Decatur or Weatherford is your best bet. If you want even closer to Ft Worth than you might try Saginaw. Just my opinion. Good Luck!

Old 02-08-2007, 01:55 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,377,813 times
i lived in Paradise TX where i owned a very nice semi-new double wide with a huge barn and three acres, all of which i bought for $50,000 about 6 years ago. it was on a VERY rural road...i was surrounded by ranches and nothing else. just the way i like it. i loved living there. would have never moved had i not gotten divorced. Parker County is getting too upscale with a bunch of city transplant yuppies wanting to be cowboys and building their ranchettes. That is why I would choose Wise County over Parker County.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:53 AM

Thank you for your responses. I might be part city transplant yuppie!? I'm particularly interested in Weatherford. My big concern is regarding the gas wells/rigs I'm hearing about. Are there alot in Weatherford and also in both of these counties?? Are they restricted in any areas? Definately not the view I want. How long is the drive from Weatherford to Dallas? Whole Foods has stores in Arlington and Dallas that I would go to once in awhile. Are there any active senior communities with homes, not condos, in Weatherford or nearby? Mom wants to take a look too. Thanks again..

Old 02-09-2007, 08:37 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,377,813 times
no you wont have a view of gas wells, rigs......you may see a pump jack or two every few miles out on ranch lands. if you live outside the city of Weatherford proper you will have views of ranchlands, and thats IT.
the drive to Dallas? heck i dont know, i avoided Dallas like the plague. i know it takes about 30-45 min to Ft Worth.
active senior communities, dont know but i bet there are.
Weatherford is cutting horse capital of the world by the way. lots of HIGH DOLLAR ranchers in that town. there are LOTS of banks in the town. so lots of money

Old 02-09-2007, 10:54 PM

96 posts, read 421,673 times
Quote:
Hi everyone...well I am yet another wanna be Texan coming from....yep, Cali! My heart is already there and just waiting for the rest of me to show up. I would like to hear how Parker and Wise Counties compare or differ. Do they have hills and views, or city light views? I want to be in the country but not too far out. Would like to drive no more than 40 mins to get to downtown Fort Worth if possible. Weatherford, Decatur, Paradise, Brock, it all looks nice! I'm a single mom and don't want to be in an isolated area. Does the following exist? Any communities or areas with a nice home(built 95' or up), 4-5 acres, horses ok, views of or from rolling hills, nearby walking/biking trails, parks, safe/low crime, clean air, no traffic or flooding problems and in the $275 range or under? When I started my search I was focused on Rockwall County and parts of Hunt/Collin also. How do the two sides of the metroplex compare? From what I have read on here the Fort Worth side seems more favorable because of friendliness and I love rolling hills and views. Would love your input on these areas!! I also will appreciate any areas to avoid for my notes. I'm also confused about the talk of the superhighway to be built and exactly which side of the metroplex it will be built around? I don't want to look and fall in love with an area that is threatened with that possibility!Thank you kindly for your responses Dreaming of Texas......
Good choice of towns to look at. I would just add that Brock would look to be over 40 minutes. And the closer into Fort Worth you'll get the higher crime, pricier properties, more traffic problems, etc.. But then again, you'll be closer to more entertaining places to go. Parker county has a nice state park, (Mineral Wells), linked with a long bike, (hike), equestion trail and Wise county has the huge LBJ grasslands with lots of room to roam, take your horse out on, etc.. Horse ranchettes are numerous all over these two counties. I'm sure you can find what your looking for in either county. Parker seems to be hillier though.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,923 times
Default peaster,tx.

You should check the Peaster area. It is about 12-15 min. from Weatherford.I have lived in Fort Worth,Aledo, Weatherford and Peaster!! I looked all over Parker county and a little in Wise county.We were looking for the perfect land and school.We found it in quail springs ranch. It is so beautiful,rolling hills,big oak trees and ponds. Peaster and Brock are the best schools around that area,you child is not just another number! A loop is suppose to be going up around that area which will make it faster to get to Fort Worth.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:26 PM

7 posts, read 47,757 times
Hi grateful.....Parker county and Wise county shouldn't even be in the same catagory........You just cant compare Parker to Wise they are totally different. I live in Parker county and work in Down Town Fort Worth. I have lived in the Parker County-Fort Worth area all of my life but have ventured out to the Dallas side a time or two.....I have one word for you concerning your kids school "ALEDO,TEXAS"

Aledo Schools are the closest thing you are going to find to a pristine almost private school level education. The people in Aledo are all Country people and very friendly and the entire area really keep an eye out for each other and the best part about it is it only takes 15 minutes to get to down town Fort Worth.

I would opt out of Brock and Peaster if you are going to be commuting to Fort Worth a lot because you will be at least 45 minutes to get to town. I would love to talk to you more about this and help anyway I can. I know a lot of people in this area and I just might have a connection in which you are looking for.....Thanks and Good Luck,

CAT
P.S. You are welcome to email me if you want at ctorsch@firstam.com

Old 02-21-2007, 08:36 AM

10 posts, read 62,806 times
Default Weatherford

I live in Weatherford but have lived in Fort Worth, Dallas and Millsap. Millsap is across the highway from Brock and some of the ranches there are still in the Brock school district. Brock and Aledo have the best schools and Millsap is on down from there. There are lots of areas around weatherford that would be good. You could go south towards Granbury or Brock or Millsap heading west. Closer to Fort Worth are Hudson Oaks, Willow Park and Aledo. I liked Millsap (we had 66 acres but sold due to divorce) because we were only two miles off of the highway and it was easy to get to where you were going. Mineral Wells was close and a nice small town to get buisness taken care of, wouldn't want to live there though..depressed economy but it is getting a little better. The Sunflower Shoppe and Richardsons are in Fort Worth and close to Whole Foods only smaller. From Weatherford, Fort Worth is really only about 25 minutes away - IH20 and IH30 split on the west side of Ft. Worth so you can get just about anywhere quick. Loop 820 is also there. Just a quick note you probalby already know - IH's that end in even numbers go east and west and those that end in odd numbers go North and South and loops go around the city such as Loop 820 and in Dallas 635. Dallas is about an hour to an hour and a half away. Fort Worth has almost anything you would need and if you don't find it there you will find it in Dallas. I stay away from Dallas and only go there to visit friends and shop somtimes. Peaster, Paradise, Ranger, Granbury...are all cheaper land but will take you a lot longer to get to Ft. Worth. Aledo will be the highest land prices and high taxes but a really nice place to live.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:57 PM

Thanks so much for the comments and replies. I seem to be focused now on Weatherford and Aledo. My biggest concern at the moment is with the gas wells/rigs that I have heard of and my preference to not be near any. I started a new post on it to try and get more info and would like to know if they are in both Parker and Wise counties or if they are restricted in certain areas? Air quality and pollution concerns are at the top of my list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth