U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:42 PM

4 posts, read 10,226 times

Advertisements

Hi! This is my first post here, so please bear with me.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the new growing (but still with cheap housing) is right now. I was thinking of relocating to Keller, (We are currently in Lewisville, but I want to be closer to my parents in Azle.) but I want to know if there is anywhere near Keller that is a little less established, and therefore a little cheaper to buy a house. We aren't necessarily looking for cookie cutter homes, we want a yard for our children to play in, but are okay with a subdivision, especially one that has bigger lots.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 08:56 AM

10,506 posts, read 22,355,915 times
Saginaw. Homes there are affordable and it is really close to Azle!

Old 09-20-2008, 11:23 AM

140 posts, read 367,149 times
Haslet. Justin, Saginaw, adn the Eagle Moutain area.

Sendera Ranch has 1/2 acre lots in Haslet. They start in the upper 250k range or a little higher.

You might be able to find some pre-owned homes in the area.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Saginaw. Homes there are affordable and it is really close to Azle!
Saginaw has good schools too, right?

Old 09-21-2008, 12:25 PM

They are good, They are alomost a copy of Keller School and Northwest ISD.

In Most of Saginaw you can also still get a 100% loan with good credit with a USDA loan

Old 09-21-2008, 04:27 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,165,683 times
I would go with Decatur. It is growing a lot but isn't as far along yet as Keller. There is a lot of new housing developments there with really nice and affordable houses. We have a mix of the cookie cutter houses and houses with big yards and stuff. There is a lot of stores and restaurants there and a lot more coming. The schools are also really good and Decatur is ver family-oriented and most people there work in Fort Worth and Dallas. Decatur is only 20-25 minutes to Azle and 20-25 minutes to Fort Worth and 45 minutes to Dallas(maybe a little more if traffic is bad). Hope this helps!

Old 09-22-2008, 03:50 PM

Thanks for all the advice guys! I am definitely looking into decatur and saginaw now and not just keller. It is so weird to hear of all these places growing up and becoming towns! When I was a kid they were SO small...

Old 09-22-2008, 07:46 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,165,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamyngo View Post
Thanks for all the advice guys! I am definitely looking into decatur and saginaw now and not just keller. It is so weird to hear of all these places growing up and becoming towns! When I was a kid they were SO small...
Ya I Know! Decatur and Saginaw have grown a lot over the past 10 years. It has been amazing to watch it and I can also remember back when they were really small. This is happening to A LOT of areas around the DFW area right now.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:57 PM

I just hope I can find the RIGHT one. Ya know... the one my family is supposed to live in I just hope now turns out to be a good time to sell what with everything going all CRAZY lately.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:53 PM

We have 16k, homes listed in the Fort Worth area for sale, you will find the right home. I have faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth