Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2008, 02:37 PM

18 posts, read 58,861 times

Advertisements

Looking at property on the SW and NW side of Dallas/FW and these areas caught my eye. Looking for horse/cattle friendly type acreage/ properties (10 acres and up) and prefer near trees and water. My husband does construction (carpenter/concrete) so needs to be near places that are building to keep busy. Would appreciate any opinions on Springtown, Decatur, Bridgeport, and Forestburg areas. Doesn't need to be too close to Dallas/FW, but like to be able to be semi close to Will Rogers for horse events, etc...Any comments on the property taxes in this area? They are outrageous in WI so won't be shell shocked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 12:53 PM

9 posts, read 30,095 times
We are in Springtown and I work in Decatur. There is building going on all around Parker and Wise county. We are about 40 minutes from Will Rogers. What kind of horse stuff do you do or like. We have horses and go to events there too. There are nice arenas in Stephenville and Glen Rose that have lots of horse events too. Taxes are higher in parker county than Wise county. Not sure what your taxes run up there. We are Ag exempted and I grow hay so my land is cheap.

Good luck

Old 01-24-2008, 04:46 AM

18 posts, read 58,861 times
We raise cutters and reiners so we come down several times a year already. Property taxes in WI are HIGH. Ours currently run around $6,000 per year. That was my next question as to what taxes run in the area for a $300K home on 10 acres. We ran down to Stephenville on our last trip and that just seemed too "far out" to us. I've also heard Granbury is very nice. The land in that area is suitable for growing hay? Not one of the listings I look at mentions any hay ground...

Old 09-22-2008, 05:35 PM

45 posts, read 167,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currently a cheesehead View Post
We raise cutters and reiners so we come down several times a year already. Property taxes in WI are HIGH. Ours currently run around $6,000 per year. That was my next question as to what taxes run in the area for a $300K home on 10 acres. We ran down to Stephenville on our last trip and that just seemed too "far out" to us. I've also heard Granbury is very nice. The land in that area is suitable for growing hay? Not one of the listings I look at mentions any hay ground...
Hi, we have a small two bed town house within Springtown city limits, our property taxes are around $3300 per year. That's based on what the previous owner was paying, don't know what I'll have to pay yet. There are a lot of properties around the area that may fit your requirements but I'd stay out the Springtown city limits so you can use Tri County for your power supply as TXU are rather difficult to communicate with.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:12 PM

140 posts, read 404,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currently a cheesehead View Post
Taxes run about 2.5% to over 3%. So a 300k home would be around 9k a year on the high end. You can homestead and get that down another 15% . Out inb the county it would be alot cheaper also. You also could get a ag exemption and it will lower the taxes alot also. All said and done you will be lower then you are pating now. I am sure you can find 10 acres around here somewhere.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:00 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Forrestburg is a gem that not too many people know about. But it is expensive compared to the rest of the area. I was looking for land around that area myself but for the size I want I'd need be a multi-millionaire.

There is a county just across the Red River in Oklahoma that has good farm and ranch land for $1100 per acre. That is cheap but it's a 2 hr drive from the metroplex.

Last edited by padcrasher; 09-26-2008 at 08:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth