U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 07:13 PM

31 posts, read 119,336 times

Advertisements

We finally after a year of wanting to move bought a house. We hope it is the best decision for our family. It is in Trace Ridge. We are trying to figure out the electric company and from what the seller said our choices are Star Tex or TXU Energy. What is the difference and which is better? Where we are moving from there is one company no decision. Is the gas company the same way, I believe they used Atmos. Is there another to choose from and if so same question as the electric. We visited the Children's Lighthouse outside the subdivision and loved it, any good or bads on it. Our realtor is the absolute BEST so if you need any help in that area pm me and I will give you her name. We stayed in constant contact with her the entire time we was there if we wasn't with her. She drove us around all the areas we thought we liked, showed us every house we wanted. I could go on and on about her so if you need a great one let me know.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 06:45 AM

32,520 posts, read 51,002,355 times
there is usually only one choice for gas and that is Atmos if you are in Tarrant co or those adjacent I think
but for electricity itself it is more confusing...
there is sometimes a difference in the company who is providing/monitoring the physical electric lines that bring power to a neighborhood/city...in some part of Keller there are two different service companies == you can't choose between them--one or the other is the one who installed the power lines but you can have your choice of the company you buy the electricity itself from...
check out this
Power to Choose
run by utility commission

Old 10-08-2008, 01:01 PM

66 posts, read 214,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Power to Choose
run by utility commission
I was just about to suggest that!
Aboslutly check it out. That's how I got mine. Otherwise you could end up paying up to 20 cents/kWh

Old 10-10-2008, 12:58 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,841,883 times
I third PowerToChoose.org.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:03 PM

1,675 posts, read 6,648,393 times
I will fourth it. I just changed my electrical carrier from texas power that was charging 18 cents per kilo watt to star tex at 13.2 cents. reduced my bill by 30%. great site.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:48 PM

32,520 posts, read 51,002,355 times
Victor--how long is your contract? can it be cancelled if prices spike again?
do you think company is big enough not to be caught in credit crunch?

Old 10-11-2008, 12:31 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,841,883 times
^ l2r, I know you weren't asking me, but I'm on a M2M right now paying a relatively high price. I think I should just lock in a 6- or 12-mo. rate and be done with it. I should've done this earlier in the summer before peaking power season was coming. In the winter, I'll barely be using power. My peak summer month bill can sometimes be 6-7 times higher than a winter month!

Old 03-18-2009, 11:42 AM

3 posts, read 5,445 times
HELP!!!! i too am moving in to a new house and really dont know anything about this electricity stuff. I saw power to choose.org that everyone was talking about but have no clue what I am looking at. I am looking for the dream. low down payment and low payments period. Anyone have suggestions on how much I should be expecting to pay with any of these companies?? thanks in advance for the help

Old 03-18-2009, 11:47 AM

3 posts, read 5,445 times
I think i posted this wrong and put it on someone else thread....my apologies. I am new to this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth