Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 09:42 PM

5 posts, read 16,596 times

Advertisements

Would you please let me know your opinion about the Golden Triangle Blvd. area? Seems that there is more activity (thefts, etc.) in certain parts of Golden Triangle Blvd., but I would very much appreciate first-hand knowledge of the area.

Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 05:14 AM

358 posts, read 1,074,947 times
If we are talking about the same road, Golden Triangle runs from I-35 to Highway 377. Now that same stretch of road runs through Southlake to hwy 114, but the name changes to Keller Parkway when you cross 377 and to Southlake Blvd when you pass Pearson.

I didn't realize there was much crime along that stretch of road. I will say, however, that I've found on various websites a lot of people listed on the Sex Offenders lists that live in the trailer park near Alta Vista.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:21 AM

140 posts, read 404,679 times
It might have alot to do withit still be developed.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:24 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
once you cross 377 you are in FTW really not Keller although that area is Keller schools...
lots of reason why crime would be higher there...
check the deomographics...

Old 10-02-2008, 07:43 PM

22 posts, read 88,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
once you cross 377 you are in FTW really not Keller although that area is Keller schools...
lots of reason why crime would be higher there...
check the deomographics...
This is not even accurate to say, I live in the North Tarrant/377 area. We are Fort Worth city limits and Keller Schools. I do not think it is fair to say that because of the people that live in Fort Worth the crime would be higher there.

Now if it were PARTS of Watauga or Haltom City maybe but not the area being described.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:08 AM

358 posts, read 1,074,947 times
Again, not everything west of 377 is Forth Worth. There is an older, established neighborhood, High Chaparrel Estates, adjacent to the Keller Sports Park that is in Keller Proper. EVERYTHING ELSE is Fort Worth with the exception of the Deerfield subdivision which is uninorporated.

Noproblemservices, Love2read has a point. We were talking about Golden Triangle, not North Tarrant. Check out the crime websites and you will see there is a LOT going on in that area.....especially pedophilia. Watch your children people.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:03 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,882,711 times
I've stayed quiet about Golden Triangle... (LOL at the name) BUT... sorry to me it's a dump. The raod is a mess, I avoid it at all costs. It just looks and gives off a trashy vibe. The big trailer park doesn't help the appearence etc... There is a run down (looking) neighborhood that sits adjucent to the train tracks and that too doesn't help the road look "golden" by any means!

NOW... the neighborhood of Crawford farms that sits right off Golden Triangle is very nice. But I hated that as you leave it it appears as if you are entering into a dump yard.

Now once they widen Golden Triangle and clean it up add some shopping etc... I am sure it will become more attractive but right now it'a an eyesore of a road to drive down. Same as driving along the north section of 377 where all the billboards and wharehouses are, it's just ugly.

any that's my 2 cents!

Old 10-03-2008, 11:17 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
ka-ching!
when I wrote check the demographics I meant see what type of people are there and frankly most of that is FTW--Keller mailing address lends cache to parts of FTW that calling it FTW would not do--it is marketing pure and simple==the crime stats go to FTW as well..so Keller does not mind lending a mailing address...
to me, that area is very amorphous and unfinished--going through changes from rural to city in different phases--areas like that usually have more than usual transient population--that in and of itself is usually a negative feature...
the zoning is haphazard--and it won't change as long as there are so many different governing bodies in that area--no unified program really...and having county vs city police jurisdiction is a pain that people who want to break the law know about and use to their advantage...makes patrolling more difficult, people are more confused about who to call if there are problems to report...

Old 10-06-2008, 11:17 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,882,711 times
Quote:
makes patrolling more difficult, people are more confused about who to call if there are problems to report
EXACTLY. our friend is Keller PD and he says it's a mess. People have a Keller mailing address so call Keller PD, dispatch get the address and says no you have to call Ft Worth PD, then Ft Worth PD re-directs it to Tarrant County. Same for fire and ambulence.

If I have an emergency I don't the dispatchers etc confussed on who is going to take my call etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth