Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 01:46 PM

31 posts, read 128,886 times

Advertisements

When I was down there in March I was looked at History Maker house and Centex houses, that's it, I have not seen any existing homes or neighborhoods. My question is what does everyone think about History Maker, and Valleybrook. I fell in love with the 2600 series that they have over in the Boswell Subdivision. I want a community with a pool so I believe I would have to build this home in Valleybrook. Does anyone have any thoughts on my situation.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 01:45 PM

119 posts, read 514,252 times
i have the 2650 model and we love it. we live at presidio. we also looked at centex's reata ranch but we got more (literally) with history maker. good luck. and yes i agree on the pool issue.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:59 AM

2 posts, read 5,440 times
We bought a 3300 series home in 2006. I have had a few issues. Our bedrooms that are the farthest from the AC unit are either too hot or too cold. Also, it rained alot that spring during the building of our home and the windows were left open. The second floor sub floor abosorbed water and the partical boards expanded on the edges. The builders just sanded these edges down. Now my floor is weak. The model homes were so solid. Not so much for our home. There is not enough lighting in the master bathroom. We didnt really think much about it when we viewed the model homes. I have been very disapointed with these few issues. But I do have to say that over all I love my home. Also, we were sold a larger lot with a creek running behind the house. When we bought the home it was NOT a flood zone, but shortly after we moved in, it was declared a flood zone and we now have to pay Flood Insurance. Just watch closely when building and stay on top of them about every little thing. I fought for one year. Until our warrenty was over. Didnt get very far. One excuse after the other. Saddly, I dont think I will be able to sell my home when then time comes. Good Luck!

Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 PM

140 posts, read 404,890 times
Yeah good luck selling it. History maker and F&j will always be hard to sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: