Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2007, 07:22 PM

12 posts, read 42,164 times

Advertisements

Hi ! I will be working at Medical Center of Arlington , I-20 and Matlock Rd, I really like the Saginaw - Haslet area ( I have been deliberating for awhile now where to live ) and I am wondering if the commute to Arlington is going to be a "creep and beep " I have been trying to figure out how long a commute I am looking at if I live in NW Fort Worth area..I talked to a girl that works at the hospital and lives in Saginaw and she said it takes her 25 minutes. How far out is Sendera Ranch from Saginaw ? I fell in love with Sendera Ranch , and the community plan that also includes the schools. Does the Heritage community also have schools close by? I am kind of hoping that my son can walk/ride his bike instead of taking the bus..but hey its not a perfect world right?! I am also really impressed with the ISD in North Fort Worth. Thanks for the input...I am trying not to have sleepless nights about this move !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 06:21 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Default ISD turnovers---

There was an interesting article in the FTW Star Telegram last week about school districts and their turnover rate for teachers--which as a former teacher I know can be something that brings down the quality of an individual school or district when it occurs at even a moderate rate and it can also be an indicator that things are not going well in the district.

But it can be difficult to interprete over all the significance of %----the district offices will not be giving out info that would be a downer for their own district. Having lot of turnover is difficult in any business and teaching is no different---worse in many ways.

I think I remember Eagle Mt. school district had the lowest turn over in Tarrant co and White Settlement was high--FTWISD has high rate because it is so large--larger the employee pool the easier it is to have higher %---not sure where your communities fit in--think part of that is in Keller ISD which is growing like crazy both inside Keller city limits and what their district covers in north FTW...You could do search at the Star-Telegram web site and probably find the original article....

Regarding the two communities you wrote about--I have read that there are some issues with schools and traffic issues in North Tarrant Co area--walking to school across busy streets with few lights and stuff like that...I would suggest you check the local school for a particular neighborhood on line--find out its past TAKS scores and student/teacher ratio (that that is only for the total school not really accurate for specific grades/classes---

see if you can figure out the walking pattern to your neighborhood/practice home and check the lights...Best way to do it is actually be there when kids are walking in the morning and afternoon to see for yourself...There are some busy streets out there even if they are within a residential development---and often there are no lights, only crosswalks which drivers often ignore....
Just my $.02

Old 02-14-2007, 07:29 AM

10 posts, read 77,293 times
Default An answer for you....hopefully

Sendera ranch is about 10 minutes from Saginaw. I am a realtor that lives right down the street from Sendera Ranch. You are correct in that they do offer a lot of amenities, they will be offering onsite schools next year. They will also have a grocery store onsitet later this year. The Heritage community will also have schools in the community.
The commute to Arlington depends on your working hours. It could be as short as 30 miutes or as long as an hour.
Moderator cut: advertising Welcome to Texas!

Richard Boswell

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 02-15-2007 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 02-14-2007, 08:43 PM

Thanks Loves2read ! I will look up the TAKS scores as you suggested and I do appreciate your 2 cents! It opens up my mind to different possibilities. Now that my son is going into 5th grade that is the part that worries me the most, I want him to be in a good place and be happy there...a move is always stressfull but he seems very excited !! Thanks again !

Old 02-14-2007, 08:57 PM

Thank you Richard, I appreciate your input and knowledge about the area ! From what I could figure out from the plans for Sendera Ranch there will be at least Elementary and Junior High Schools. Is there plans for a High School as well ? I can handle a 30 minute drive and other times more for the right area for me and my son ! Sendera Ranch sounds like they have thought of everything one could ever want and need in a planned community ! I cant wait to see it !

Old 02-14-2007, 09:31 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,424,364 times
Heritage has Perot and Lonestar Elementary schools in the Keller ISD. Haven't pinned down the middle school, but the high school is right outside the community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth