U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2008, 08:34 AM

5 posts, read 18,103 times

Advertisements

Due to a plant closing here in Ohio I am considering a offer to relocate to a facility in Northwest Fort Worth, I am excited about the move but it is happening really quick and I don't have alot of time to prepare. My plan is to find a short term or month to month efficiencey but not corporate furnished apartments that tend to get expensive, I will be getting a decent relocation package but I am expecting to a significant loss on sale of existing home in Ohio and need to save every dime. My wife and 2 sons will remain in Ohio for 2 months and come to area in late January. I need a sparsley furnished temp studio and info on schools districts. Is Northwest ISD and Keller ISD very similar? My son is a junior in a Tech Prep Graphic Arts program and I am wondering if the school districts offer Tech Prep? I am also looking for a perm. house that I would like to purchase in Jan. Around the 200K range with at least 1/2 acre to 1 acre...... Any useful help would be appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 08:47 AM

140 posts, read 367,057 times
Sent you a pm

Old 10-19-2008, 07:29 AM

7 posts, read 30,055 times
I sent you a PM as well.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:27 AM

140 posts, read 367,057 times
I didnt get it

Old 10-19-2008, 04:24 PM

32,473 posts, read 50,948,349 times
you can check the web sites for the ISDs--I dont know if they have what we call vocational programs in those fields...some ISDs are more college/academic oriented and don't do a lot with work-related classes...
I think you might have trouble getting the type of month to month you are looking for in that area...
sending you PM for good MLS site to check
it has links for the ISD house in in--a map/satellite view--and other info like listing date

Old 10-20-2008, 12:49 PM

3,029 posts, read 11,014,962 times
Also for 200k you will hard pressed to find a house in Keller with 1/2 -1 acre. Some houses have larger lots in NW ft worth within the Keller ISD, but I doubt an acre for 200k.
You will have better luck out in Haslet Justin Rhome etc... which are Northwest ISD.

For the Graphic arts schools I don't know of any school in KISD that is geared toward Tech, they have elective classes avail etc..
Dallas has an Ats magnet school and Ft worth might as well.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:50 PM

24 posts, read 88,114 times
You can easily find a nice home in the NW isd for that price, with land! And it is one of the better schools in the metro area (my niece goes there), with the exception of Southlake schools. We currently live in that area. It's quite the up-and-coming area, so you want to get in before real estate prices spike. People here are very friendly! If the weather weasn't so hot, we'd stay here. (As opposed to some other areas we've lived in in the metroplex. :-/ )
Here is the list for the tech prep programs offered at NWHS:

http://www.nisdtx.org/120710426161837123/lib/120710426161837123/publications/courseselectionguide.pdf (broken link)

It says they do have a graphic arts thing but there are several sub groups in that, don't know what one you want exactly.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:51 PM

5 posts, read 18,103 times
Thanks for the info it will help. It's funny you spoke about the hot weather, we love the summer and fall here in Ohio but the winters are pretty nasty and roads my commute in winter is extended from 40 miuntes to 50-60 with any type of weather. A month ago I would not have thought about moving to Fort Worth but it was Fort Worth of Michigan and it was no contest.... happy to be going to Fort Worth.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:22 AM

24 posts, read 88,114 times
LOL oops. I meant to ad my parenthetical statement to the friendly part, not the hot part! HA!
I meant that the people here in Justin/Haslet area are very friendly, as opposed to some other areas of the metroplex. As for weather, the whole area is hot, can't get away from that. ;-)

OH yeah, I'd take TX any day over Michigan! whew.
Fort Worth is a wonderful place! Very small town atmosphere, even though it's big. Nothing at all like Dallas, which we try to avoid if at all possible. Clean parks, the trinity river trails system, (which Dallas has been talking about and spending hundreds of millions of dollars on committees to study getting one-since I moved here in 1980- AND STILL HAVE DONE NOTHING ABOUT IT. Meanwhile, Ft Wth does not talk, just acts and builds theirs and people have been happily using it for 20 years!) Lots of shopping, clubs, activities, healthy foods, and very friendly people. We have enjoyed living here since we left Dallas about 6 yrs ago. Totally different mindset and attitude and governing bodies! (and I mean night and day on the governing bodies! LOL)

Enjoy your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth