U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 05:43 PM

65 posts, read 218,801 times

Advertisements

Hey all... my mother and step-father are coming to visit for Thanksgiving Dinner and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice place where they serve a traditional style thanksgiving meal. I would assume banquet halls, but I don't know of anything off the top of my head or where to look.

Any ideas? I'm in NRH, so I'm not opposed to Fort Worth or Dallas, so long as it's a nice place.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 09:45 PM
pfw

186 posts, read 799,962 times
You might want to call some of the hotels in downtown FW, those restaurants might be having something.

Look in the Friday events guide in the newspaper as Thanksgiving gets closer. Most places that are open will be advertising.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:29 AM

11,878 posts, read 34,524,575 times
Try these places.

Thanksgiving Planner on Dallas Citysearch (http://dallas.citysearch.com/roundup/38070/ - broken link)

Thanksgiving Dinner at The French Room, Dallas, TX (http://www.hoteladolphus.com/FR_Thanksgiving_Dinner_08.aspx - broken link)

Old 10-24-2008, 08:32 AM

32,479 posts, read 50,954,572 times
the new restaurant in hotel in FTW might be place to look--it does tradional style of meals anyway

right now I can't remember the specific hotel or restaurant
the FTW paper runs story about places to eat but by then it is almost too late for reservation
but you might Google for the one last year...

Old 10-24-2008, 03:53 PM

65 posts, read 218,801 times
Thanks a bunch for the replies!

Old 10-26-2008, 09:14 AM

11,878 posts, read 34,524,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisco750 View Post
Thanks a bunch for the replies!

Welcome! And I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

We'll be driving up to my sister's place in Oklahoma. She's a fantastic cook; the best stuffing in the world. yum..

BTW, try fried turkey if you ever get the chance. It is delicious.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:06 PM

200 posts, read 420,557 times
Try the Worthington Hotel in downtown Fort Worth. I've celebrated two Thanksgiving holidays there and it's terrific. Just call ahead for a reservation. It fills up fast. Happy holidays....!

Old 11-15-2010, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 8,388 times
staurant Name Neighborhood Cuisine Price Reserve Now
Capriccio Ristorante
Traditional And Non Traditional Stations, Carving And Dessert Station Included $18.95 Children 10 And Under $12.95 Stations Include Poultry, Beef And Fish. Pecan Pie, Carrot Cake

North Dallas Italian $$$ Reserve Now
Cast Iron at the Omni Fort Worth
Bring Your Family And Join Us For Our Holiday Brunch Or Our Special Three-Course Dinner Menu On Thanksgiving Day. Complimentary Valet Parking Available.

Fort Worth Downtown Southern $$ Reserve Now
Central 214 - Hotel Palomar Dallas
Turkey-Roasted, Fried, & Smoked, steamship Round cranberry Jam, Giblet Gravy whipped Potatoes, Sage Stuffing squash Gratin, Cream Corn, Green Bean Casserole & Pumpkin Pie!

Park Cities American $$$ Reserve Now
Charlie Palmer at The Joule
Join us for the holidays! Our carefully crafted progressive American Thanksgiving menu and comfortable, refined service at our restaurant will make you feel right at home.
Downtown American $$$ Reserve Now
Craft Dallas
Craft | Dallas Will Be Offering A 3-Course Thanksgiving Meal For $85 For Adults And $45 For Children. We Will Not Be Offering Our Regular Menu.

Victory Park Contemporary American $$$$ Reserve Now
Houlihan's Restaurant - Arlington
Traditional Thanksgiving Day buffet menu with Roast Turkey, Cornbread, Mash Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes and other traditional favorites. Selections from our regular menu also available. $19.95/Adult; $7.95/Child 4-10; under 3 eat free. We look forward to seeing you on this special day!

Arlington American $$ Reserve Now
III Forks
Join Us For A Delicious Thanksgiving!

North Dallas Steak $$$ Reserve Now
The Landmark Restaurant - The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas
Regular Menu

Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn American $$$ Reserve Now
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas
Join Lawry's For Thanksgiving. In Addition To Our FAMous Prime Rib We Will Be Serving Full Turkey Dinners Off Our Shining Silver Carts.

North Dallas Prime Rib $$$ Reserve Now
Maggiano's - Northpark
Come celebrate Thanksgiving with your friends & family at Maggiano's Little Italy. We’ll be serving a special Thanksgiving Day Menu that includes Traditional Roast Turkey, Country-Style Baked Ham, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Salads, Pastas, Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake, and more.
Park Cities Italian $$ Reserve Now
Maggiano's - Willow Bend
Come celebrate Thanksgiving with your friends & family at Maggiano's Little Italy. We’ll be serving a special Thanksgiving Day Menu that includes Traditional Roast Turkey, Country-Style Baked Ham, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Salads, Pastas, Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake, and more.
Plano Italian $$ Reserve Now
Maguire's North Dallas
Take The Work Out Of Thanksgiving...Dine With Us! Three Courses In The Restaurant Or At Your Home. We Offer Take-Out Wednesday, November 24 Or Dine-In Thursday, November 25.

North Dallas American $$ Reserve Now
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Dallas
Make M&S Part Of Your Tradition. Enjoy A Traditional 3-Course Thanksgiving Dinner With All The Trimmings For $22.95. Hours: 11:00 - 9:00

Park Cities Seafood $$ Reserve Now
Nana
The Four-Course Brunch, Served From 11Am To 2Pm, Is $79 Per Person For Adults Including Bottomless Mimosas Or Champagne; A Three-Course Meal For Children Under 12 Is $24.

Downtown American $$$$ Reserve Now
The Palm - Dallas
The Palm Will Be Open For Thanksgiving Dinner Featuring Our Regular Menu And Seasonal Specials!

West End Steakhouse $$$ Reserve Now
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Worth
Gather around our table this Thanksgiving for a traditional 3-course Turkey Dinner. Just $34.95 for adults, children 12 years old and under $12. Or, start a new tradition with our signature sizzling steaks. Open extended hours for your holiday convenience.

Fort Worth Downtown Steak $$$$ Reserve Now
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Dallas
Gather around our table this Thanksgiving for a traditional 3-course Turkey Dinner. Just $34.95 for adults, children 12 years old and under $12. Or, start a new tradition with our signature sizzling steaks. Open extended hours for your holiday convenience.

North Dallas Steak $$$$ Reserve Now
Silver Fox - Grapevine
Let Us Do The Cooking For You! Join Us For A 4 Course Thanksgiving Day Menu. $42.95 For Adults.

Grapevine Steak $$$$ Reserve Now
Silver Fox Steakhouse Richardson
Leave The Cooking To Us! Come Celebrate This Thanksgiving Holiday With Silver Fox Steakhouse. Be Treated To A Select Four Course Menu For Only $42.95!

Richardson Steakhouse $$$ Reserve Now
Steve Fields Steak and Lobster Lounge
Open For Lunch And Dinner Serving Our Entire Menu Along With A Thanksgiving Offering Of Turkey, Dressing, Green Beans, Carrots, Potatoes, Cranberry And Roll For $24. Kids $14.

Plano Steak $$$ Reserve

Old 11-17-2010, 01:54 PM

278 posts, read 634,916 times
Try the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine. They are serving Thanksgiving Brunch from 10am - 2pm and offering a discount afterwards for their ICE! holiday exhibit.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:56 AM

8 posts, read 19,192 times
Definitely the Worthington. There are other options if you want to drive an hour or so, but the Worthington is great downtown.

Problems: Parking (Valet) and it's not inexpensive.

Also, remember the traditional football game that day for the Cowboys. I'd avoid the whole Arlington area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth