Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 03:46 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

he says he cannot find his address listed in TAD
he never said he was in Heritage Trace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 04:58 PM

119 posts, read 514,049 times
travis, thank you for the info. i did get one from denton about my property over on heritage trace. it is for NW ISD only. i need to talk to my neighbors about it a little more. thanks again travis.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:41 PM

8 posts, read 40,544 times
Check out this map, put in Tarrant County and it will show the geographical school district boundaries, nice to know...

http://deleon.tea.state.tx.us/SDL/Forms/mapWin.aspx it's pretty close

Good luck my friend. You should not get two school tax bills, at least I've never seen it...

Loves2read, I couldn't find any district boundaries collected by Tarrant County that extend into south Justin either. The other comment regarding Heritage Trace was directed to rcdoeva.
thanks

Last edited by TravisFranklin; 10-31-2008 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: I'm a moron sometimes

Old 11-01-2008, 07:01 AM

sorry
got confused
we looked at older house in north Southlake that was in Denton County but Carroll ISD also--I guess that area is now in Tarrant co...

Old 11-05-2008, 11:17 AM

so what did the OP find out--why the Tarrant tax bill?

Old 11-05-2008, 06:29 PM

80 posts, read 417,426 times
I'm still looking, but there's a realtor down the street that says it's most likely that the title company put "Fort Worth" as the city name instead of Justin. They did it to him and he saw Tarrant County taxes on his bill.

I need to look at my title docs and talk to the title company. Seems that this mistake has happened to several people around here.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:33 PM

get it straight asap in case you need to protest
if you miss the deadline--you are out of luck...

Old 11-17-2008, 12:42 PM

80 posts, read 417,426 times
It seems that even though we're in Denton County, the land that we're on is taxed for City of Fort Worth taxes, and the Tarrant County Tax Office is who collects that city tax.

This is (unfortunately) new to me, and might have seriously influenced our decision to buy where we did had we known that we'd be getting hit with City of Fort Worth taxes as well. :-(

Oh well. Not a whole lot that we can do about it except for pay it, I guess.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:41 PM

113 posts, read 392,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pot_roast View Post
I'm registered in Denton County. I cannot find my address on the TAD website. They say that the appraisal district is now the county borders.
Yeah, it's a new house. I have to find that paperwork and look through it.. good idea!
It's for the Northwest ISD. Our address is in Justin, TX. (We're north of Hwy 114, west of Hwy 156)

Thanks!
I live in NorthLake and pay Denton county taxes becasue I live in Denton County but pay Northwest ISD taxes for the school since my kids go to Justin schools which is NWISD.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:57 AM

this fact goes beyond just whom you pay taxes to
you had misleading info from the people selling you that house--
they KNEW what area the subdivision was in---the title company would not just randomly assign FTW as the city

this happens in the Keller area a lot because a Keller mailing address on the west side of 377 is usually in FTW city limits--but Keller ISD--
people have more positive perception of Keller vs FTW--subdivisions were built and predicated on the concept of bait/switch basically
selling people a Keller mailing address/zip code w/Keller schools vs Keller schools and FTW mailing address--they could set higher prices for houses than if they used the FTW mailing address...

what you need to realize about living in area under city of FTW tax structure is that you will also have to use FTW police vs police in city you thought you lived in--you will also have FTW emergency services like ambulances and fire dept--these may be farther away from the ones for Justin--
YOU WILL BE GETTING EMERGENCY SERVICEs FROM FTW CITY SERVICES

--so make sure that you have accurate info/phone down if there is an emergency---

if you think I am giving incorrect info---PLEASE call the local fire/police/emt that you think should service your address and confirm with them....

there have been instances where valuable time was lost when dispatchers received calls from people in emergency situations and only realized after the fact that their agency was not authorized to respond to that specific address...my understanding was that agency did not contact the correct one to pass along the emergency call info...
MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR EMERGENCY RESPONDERS -- HAVE THEIR NUMBERS -- NOT JUST 911 programmed to call--sometimes the 911 operator does not know that a Justin address means FTW city services...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth