U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2008, 07:47 PM

5 posts, read 18,113 times

Advertisements

Ok.. Forst thanks to all who replied to earlier post regarding relocation to Fort Worth area. It's been 1 whole week since I was told I had the option of transferring to southeast Michigan or Fort Worth.... I will be driving to Fort Worth next week. I have searched the web and real estate listings and seem to be getting a good sense of areas, did have a few questions regarding Justin, Haslet, Flower Mound, Corinth and Denton. All 4 areas seem to be a little more suited to our lifestyle but wanted to get presepective of those living in area - We are relocating from a small rural area in Ohio, my sons both want to be in a neighborhood ad that's ok but after living on several acres with neighbors at least 150ft apart I am struggling with large subdivisions. What are some good solid neighborhoods in the northern fort worth area that have - trees, jogging/bike paths decent community centers (fitness) and some green space without being row upon row of houses and have at least a good sized yard?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 11:19 AM

3,029 posts, read 11,016,604 times
Depends on what is your housing price.

North Keller has homes in neighborhoods with 1/2 -2 acres of land.
The are many smaller neighborhoods in Keller with larger yards and trees etc. Oak bend, hidden oaks, quail run, the neighborhoods north of bear creek park, near shady grove elem are some, off of beverly drive etc...
ALL of Keller is not track homes in large mass produced subdivisions.

city website http://www.cityofkeller.com/index.
Keller has the Keller Pointe rec center with indoor/outdoor pool gym, fitness center etc... City of Keller : The Keller Pointe
Bear creek park a great park but also has jogging biking paths that connect to the keller sports complex
and east by sky creek golf couse.
City of Keller : Our Parks & Trails

Roanoak itself is a nice little town just next to Keller and it is divided between Keller schools and North west ISD. It has shopes and businesses but not a rec center. Shellingham swim and tennis center is there.

Trophey club may be another place to look, it's a big mix of older homes and newer bigger homes, some have nice almost 1/2 acre lots and some have barely there yards. It has community swimming pools and a county club and golf course. It remids of me of a neighborhood trying to be a town...really only one main street that winds all through TC, winding and very pretty but also a bad speed trap!
NW ISD schools, new HS is being built right in TC. I really like the look of the area, few hills and trees. Grocery shopping is right there and it's right on 114 so gettin to DFW is easy as well as shopes at south lake etc..

Justin/Haslet it developing, Alliance town center, but still very rural... yes you can get a beautiful home on an 1-2 acre lot for an incredible price, but we found not many amenties and hardly any trees. esp in the "new areas" ex: 10 acres of old cattle ranch land divided up into 10 1 acre lots and put 3000-4000 sqft houses on those lots. it looks pretty space and the foot prints of the houses take up alot of that 1 acre. It's also a mixed bag of housing as with any rural area that is expirence new growth.

Flower mound is nice but I would think the commute to Roanoak might be a bit much...but maybe not.

I like Denton, only visited but it's a real neat town. hopefully others can give insite into the schools neighborhoods etc...

Good luck. There are ALOT of areas with good schools and good housing prices, the hard job is narrowing it down!

But...there are

Old 10-31-2008, 03:40 PM

8 posts, read 37,838 times
I lived in Justin, I don't recommend it. It's more or less a shanty town. West of there is Rhome, probably 20 minutes to Roanoke and no traffic really. Many homes there are on 2.5-10 acres and are reasonable (if by reasonable you mean $150-300k)

Moderator cut: soliciting Northern Keller is nice, but the large lots are big $$$$. If you let us know your budget we can probably be of more assistance. Flower Mound is getting pretty cluttered, but not a bad commute from FM 1171 down Hwy 377 to Roanoke. It's a scenic drive.

Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-01-2008 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: Soliciting/Advertising not permitted per ToS

Old 11-03-2008, 11:24 AM

9 posts, read 28,224 times
Default Roanoke!

We moved here last summer (2007) from Austin. Love the Roanoke area!! We moved into a neighborhood called 17 Lakes by Sandlin Custom Homes. The lot sizes vary. The neighborhood is wonderful, secluded, small (about 220 homes after completed out), lots of nature and views! You should definitely check it out. We've been pleased to be here!

Old 02-25-2010, 03:31 PM

6 posts, read 8,935 times
We love Roanoke, too. The schools are great in the Northwest ISD, and the shopping, dining, and family fun stuff rocks, as well. I write a community blog about Roanoke, so visit it if you'd like to read up on the town... iLIVEcommunity.com

Old 02-25-2010, 04:25 PM

38 posts, read 101,212 times
Roanoke actually has a large rec center that is fairly new.

You may also check in Argyle. it's about 10 minutes north of Roanoke and it has lots and lots of mature trees and large lots, but it is higher price range, so I'm not sure your budget. I live in Roanoke (the old town part) and love it. I totally understand not wanting to live on top of your neighbors. That is what we are having a hard time with in finding a new home. Argyle is our dream place to live, but you might not want to be that far out.
My parents live in Trophy club, which is the same school district as Roanoke and and its filled with older custom homes with larger lots and lots of trees. It's a little higher in price than Roanoke and many of the homes haven't been updated (on the inside) but there are plenty of great deals if you are patient in looking. It's just all in what you want.
Justin and Haslet, you will definitely get more for your money, but most of the property out there is prairie, no trees, so I'm thinking that isn't what you are looking for.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:01 PM

32,494 posts, read 50,965,633 times
the OP asked the initial question in 2008--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth