U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2008, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 8,695 times

Advertisements

Hello Fort Worth!

This is my first post (although I have been reading threads for two weeks now ), so PLZ be understanding if I forget something.

We are making a move this weekend, 10/29/ (from small town GA) and are DESPERATELY lookin' for an apartment, condo, or anything "decent" in a SAFE area near Euless (where he will be working). Keller, Hurst, Haslet, Grapevine, NRH, ANYWHERE SAFE within 20 min or so of Euless.

Until we get to "know" the area, we do not want to sign a long term contract and then decide the area is not for us. Does ANYONE out there know of a decent :
**Furnished Apartment/Condo/Duplex
**Includes Utilities etc.
**Rent Month to Month
** Can not afford Corporate rates of 2000.00 per mo.

We are middle-age, so we really would not like to be in a college type unit/area.
We do not want to bring all of our furniture, get utilities set up etc. until I have found a location that I know we will both enjoy and where I will feel safe, lol.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED as I am apprehensive about this move anyway!

Thanks in advance for your help!
I "think" I know how to check DM's, and BTW is PM the same as DM? I'm guessing it is. I just joined the other day, so I am not sure if there is like a live messenger or not....lol
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 03:13 PM

6 posts, read 26,385 times
I am about to move to the DFW area too! We ended up renting a house, but I did some research on apartments. Chapel Hill Apartments in Lewisville offer some furnished units. (And from what I've read on this forum, Lewisville is a fairly safe community.) They have 1 bedroom lofts starting at $827 all the way to 3bedroom/2.5bath 1686 sq ft units for $1747. I found them on rent.com. It looks like a really nice place, however, I've not been there in person, only seen pictures and read about it. It's a big apart. complex--over 1,000 units. They have 8 pools, 2 24hr fitness centers, a cyber cafe, 2 moive theaters, and some other nicer "amenities" I didn't expect. Oh, and they offer month to month leases too I believe, which may cost a bit more, but would allow you to look around before making a year long commitment. Hope this helps and good luck!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:34 PM

10,513 posts, read 22,361,931 times
Lewisville to Euless would be a pretty bad commute considering that the highway (121) between the two is being totally reconstructed.

NE Tarrant is a really safe area. There aren't any bad neighborhoods where you should be scared, especially in the price range you're looking for!

The problem, honestly, will be finding a furnished place...

Old 10-31-2008, 12:07 PM

8 posts, read 37,844 times
Moderator cut: soliciting I know this area very well. Euless is OK, Grapevine is better and Southlake/Colleyville are even better. The Hurst-Euless-Bedford area is getting old and starting to run down. Lewisville to Euless would be a nightmare. Keller to Euless is a nightmare (I live in Keller). If you stay close to HWY 114, 360 and 183 you'll be close and in a safe area.

Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-01-2008 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Soliciting/Advertising not permitted per ToS

Old 11-06-2008, 04:47 AM

45 posts, read 156,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by life-isa-test View Post
Hello Fort Worth!

This is my first post (although I have been reading threads for two weeks now ), so PLZ be understanding if I forget something.

We are making a move this weekend, 10/29/ (from small town GA) and are DESPERATELY lookin' for an apartment, condo, or anything "decent" in a SAFE area near Euless (where he will be working). Keller, Hurst, Haslet, Grapevine, NRH, ANYWHERE SAFE within 20 min or so of Euless.

Until we get to "know" the area, we do not want to sign a long term contract and then decide the area is not for us. Does ANYONE out there know of a decent :
**Furnished Apartment/Condo/Duplex
**Includes Utilities etc.
**Rent Month to Month
** Can not afford Corporate rates of 2000.00 per mo.
There are two options in the short term, one is book in on a monthly bases in Americas Best Value Inn, Hurst. They do a special deal per month when we were there it was $1140 per month. You'll have no trouble with furniture and they have a swimming pool. Breakfast is included also room's are cleaned every day.
The is where it gets difficult, the address is 125 NE Loop 820
Hurst, TX 76053. It's just to the north side where the "West Hurst Boulevard" passes under the 820 going west. That would get you out of immediate difficulties and the W Hurst Blvd goes all the way to Euless, ending up at the junction between the Euless Blvd and Euless main st.

The second is, Camden Oasis, 4701 American Boulevard, Euless. That's right in the center of Euless to the east of Euless Main St. They do a monthly deal, will furnish and handle utilities etc. If you go there try to get one of the apartments on the South side of the complex, the north side is a bit near the Airport Frw. If you don't mind climbing stairs the third floor apartments cost a little less, you can do a deal with them. The do a complete clean out of the apartment before you take up residence. Look up www.camdenliving.com on the net, select for worth and you'll find Camden oasis. Only one negative, it's very near to DFW international, only the third biggest airport in the world.

My wife and I spent a very pleasant month there and miss the swimming pool and convenient laundry facilities.

The other option is Camden Centerport. That's about three miles further south but, it's very close to the Centerport rail station, great for getting into the center of either Dallas or the other way to Fort Worth, very cheap too.

Jonathan

Old 11-06-2008, 07:53 AM

44 posts, read 131,773 times
Default Another vote for Camden

We also just moved to Texas and have rented at Camden for 4 months until we decide where to live. No complaints, although we have not lived in an apartment since college. We live on the bottom level right next to the freeway and got used to the noise fairly quickly. Speak to Mario if you call and he will help get you set up. We have a child and feel totally safe. Camden Oasis-tell Mario that 2601 sent you!! The number is 817-540-3222. It's an easy hop onto the freeway, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth