U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 08:53 AM

11,878 posts, read 34,526,107 times

Advertisements

Ya, me too nsumner. I don't know where they are coming from. I've even sprayed flying insect killer and within an hour or two, they are back!

TravisFranklin, I hope so too!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 06:26 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,836,757 times
I normally use Raid and it works pretty well. Several months ago, my kitchen sink was invaded by small ants (not fire ants, thank goodness). I Raided the hell out of that area after putting the dirty dishes in the d/w and that did the trick. I don't know how those little ants came in from the sink drain.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:30 PM

1,298 posts, read 3,998,236 times
Oh you probably had sugar ants, beowulf. They are sometimes hard to get rid of!

Old 11-01-2008, 07:33 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,836,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies49 View Post
Oh you probably had sugar ants, beowulf. They are sometimes hard to get rid of!
Oh, OK. I never heard of that before, but I guess that's what small black ants are called. I remember having that problem at an apt. and it was whenever I had some leftover food in the kitchen sink that I didn't clean well enough.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,161 times
Default little bugger trap

I've had the same problem in the past. They are strongly attracted to anything fermenting. I keep a pretty tidy kitchen, but ya can't always stop em.

The best solution I've seen for getting rid of an existing swarm is to take a glass half-full of vinegar and put saran-wrap over it. Then, poke about a dozen holes in the wrap, just large enough to let the gnats in. They are smart enough to get in, but tend to stay in the glass to die. If you don't have vinegar, just about any fermented drink will work. You'll have to leave the glass out for about a week at least.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:57 PM

32,494 posts, read 50,959,934 times
this post opened a thread that was almost a year old
why---no one else has mentioned this happening at this time in this area
first time poster
this is not the only one I have found on the boards in past week
something is not kosher

Old 09-20-2009, 06:49 AM

77,813 posts, read 91,260,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Has anyone else had this problem? An invasion of Gnats in the house?

This has been going on for a week or two. I've been cleaning, trying to make sure that isn't the problem, and apparently it is not.

I went in to Wal-Mart yesterday evening to purchase something to take care of these nasty little critters and the lady at the counter told me that everyone has been coming in and complaining about the problem.

Apparently they are coming up through the drains and are VERY hard to get rid of.

I've sprayed, I've cleaned, and although it has limited them somewhat, they are still a bother.

Anyone else?
They are bad here this year as well. I will say the last few weeks we have only been bothered by a few, so I am guessing the season is about to end, but yes, they are a pain in the rear.

Nita

Old 09-21-2009, 01:11 PM

32,494 posts, read 50,959,934 times
I live in same area as Synopsis and there have been no gnats around my house in or out all summer
his post was in 08--not current--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth