U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 09:12 AM

4 posts, read 10,264 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to move into a new house soon. We have looked in Keller (Saratoga, Crawford Farms, Heritage) and also at Marine Creek Ranch. Keller seems to be a safer city and have a better school district. Keller is growing a lot and will have a lot more commercial areas soon. But in Marine Creek Ranch we can get a bigger lot, better house, and closer proximity to work for less. Does anyone have advice on Marine Creek area, its safety, and schools? What would you do?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 12:59 PM

13,180 posts, read 13,710,787 times
If you're planning on staying a long time you're better off in Keller. You're perceptions are correct.
My advice is to pay the premium now......it will pay off down the road.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:11 PM

357 posts, read 988,065 times
Yes, but none of those areas that you listed are in Keller. Those are Fort Worth neighborhoods in Keller ISD. They currently have a Keller zip code so people get confused about the city. Also, many builders will deceptively tell you that you are in Keller, just to sell you a home. I've seen it done.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:40 PM

140 posts, read 367,162 times
Have you looked into Haslet, it is the new keller.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:31 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,838,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-RE-Broker View Post
Have you looked into Haslet, it is the new keller.
But it's farther away from downtown FW and DFW Airport.

I think the Marine Creek area is good. It's still being developed, but it's less congested than Keller. And only 10 mi. away from downtown.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:18 PM

22 posts, read 51,673 times
Last year we bought our newly-built home off of Boat Club Road in the Stone Creek Ranch neighborhood (Gehan Homes). This is near Marine Creek Ranch. WE LOVE our home! The house is perfect for our family, and A LOT closer to work (because traffic getting from our old neighborhood was horrendous!). The lots are smaller than we had before...but, the newer phase has larger lots and you can get a 3-car garage with some floor plans (also, you can get larger lots at a premium price). We wanted a smaller lot because we are getting older and didn't want to have the upkeep we had with our old home. However, we did get a premium lot which I LOVE! The view is WONDERFUL looking over Boat Club Road. Our previous home was in Park Glen, also in the Keller ISD. We were sick of the traffic, the rude drivers, and the school district isn't as great as everybody thinks. Our daughter goes to Eagle Mountain-Saginaw now...and, she likes the teachers better than Keller ISD. She was a junior when she started here last year, and will be graduating this year. I'm not sure how the younger grades are with EM-S ISD.

We have lived now in our new home for over a year. We have had only minor repairs on our home the first year (a broken blind...which was repaired in a matter of seconds because the builder knew the trick, the shower door leaked...repaired in a matter of seconds, and they forgot to paint one of our door frames after our walk through because we saw a scratch on the original during our walk through...they repaired the wood frame, but forgot to go back and paint it...again, fixed in a matter of seconds).

As far as the area? Shopping is not too far away on Azle Avenue and Jacksboro Hwy...and, of course Boat Club Road. We visit the Walmart on Saginaw Main, however...we don't care for the one on Jacksboro Hwy (it is WAY too busy). I am more of a Target girl, however...so, I go to Target off of Azle quite often. The only drawback is Target is not a Super Target...but, I have heard they may turn that one into a Super Target. We grocery shop at Central Market for our groceries anyway...so, we're closer now than we were in our old neighborhood.

When we moved here, my husband said it is as if we are in a totally different state; it is SO different than the Park Glen/Fossil Creek/Summerfields area. This is a good thing, in our opinion.

We looked in Keller...but, again...traffic and proximity to work played part in why we decided to move further west. I am VERY happy with our choice!

BTW...our floor plan we have with our home fits our family perfectly! It is an open-floor plan, has lots of closets, the eat-in kitchen is huge, and the master suite is wonderful! We have A LOT of windows...and, the flow is perfect! We have decorated a lot with our new home...and, have only one area left...our library. I just LOVE our new home! Can you tell?

Old 11-09-2008, 09:08 AM

4 posts, read 10,264 times
How bad does traffic get during the morning if I were going from Saratoga (170 & I35) to downtown fort worth and on the return home?

Old 11-30-2008, 11:43 AM

29 posts, read 81,487 times
The traffic from Hertiage to downtown is better than Saratoga to downtown by about 15 minutes each way. 4741 Van Zandt Drive, Fort Worth, TX, 76248 - MLS ID#11032445 - Single Family Home Real Estate - REALTOR.com®

Old 02-23-2009, 01:58 PM
rhw

1 posts, read 2,829 times
Traffic in Saratoga is a nightmare. That area has grown faster than the roads can handle. The schools are good but not really any better than the schools surrounding Marine Creek Ranch. Saratoga and it's surrounding areas are in fact Ft. Worth but have Keller schools. Watch out for the unincorporated areas too. You can have problems in some of those areas not if but when they become incorporated. Marine Creek has much larger lots, near by lakes, hiking trails, hills and overall beautiful scenery. It's a nice change from the average subdivisions. Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth