Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 01:41 AM

464 posts, read 1,355,343 times

Advertisements

Im just wondering, most cities that are near a large city e.g. Miami/Fort Lauderdale usually have their own area of nice clubs where people would go to all the time.

However, fort worth doesnt seem to have that. Why!? I live in Arlington which is technically fort worth area. I've already mentioned Dallas's issues, but fort worth has far more. I mean, all the people I know in Fort Worth literally have to pack up on a road trip just to head out to a club at night. Thats so inconvenient. What if you want to party in your town? You cant because they dont have much to offer for younger crowd. Its just sucks.

Fort Worth has got to be one of the most boringest towns I've seen. It lacks a descent nightlife, and there doesnt seem to be one in the making. Fort Worth makes Dallas seem like a beacon. And from I-30 at night...the green tower in Dallas is a beacon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 04:31 AM

119 posts, read 511,856 times
honestly, i like it the way it is. to me it seems that it keeps less drunks on the road and the trouble makers as well. i do know what you mean though. being a miami native i completely understand. if i was single or not married and with a child, i would agree with you 100 percent. being a family man now, i think it's best to keep it that way for my family and community sake. sorry.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:18 AM

11,819 posts, read 26,662,098 times
I guess you haven't been to the Stockyards or downtown's Sundance Square... LOTS of clubs and places for nightlife in both areas. In the Stockyards, Billy Bob's is the World's Largest Honky-Tonk. Sundance Square hosts numerous outdoor festivals and concerts during the spring and fall, and there are SO many clubs...I personally like the Flying Saucer and Pete's Dueling Piano Bar.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:03 PM

4 posts, read 7,592 times
I just moved here in FW and spent a couple of days figuring things out. Well, FW is a small city and maybe that's why it only has a few things to offer. And yes, I've seen those clubs around Sundance Square and Stockyards and they are not that bad. But if you're looking for wild rave parties, I think there's non here but I stand to be corrected.

Thanks!

Old 11-17-2008, 07:07 PM

211 posts, read 474,607 times
Well then.... the word is "none."

Old 11-17-2008, 10:13 PM

140 posts, read 402,572 times
Dont Worry Fort Worth will soon double in Size. There will be alot more to offer as it grows. STAND BY

Old 11-22-2008, 09:05 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,223,715 times
My daughter made a statement tonight which rather shocked me and I thought might please the people of Fort Worth who sometimes feel slighted at the attention Dallas receives. We were coming back from my son's home and the Fort Worth skyline was in the distance. She said out of the blue, "Mom, you really should go to downtown Fort Worth as it's really nice and isn't trashy like Dallas' downtown." I asked her if she were kidding, and she said she wasn't.

Of course, I don't like to go to either place as I like rural Texas, but I've always liked Fort Worth better than Dallas.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:03 PM

170 posts, read 596,032 times
I loved downtown Fort Worth when we lived there a few years ago. It was a relatively family-friendly environment. I think we would've been less likely to go if there were a bunch of bass-thumping nightclubs stinking of booze and cologne.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:04 AM

22 posts, read 57,318 times
I agree with ChristieP. You must never have visited Downtown Fort Worth or the Stockyards.

Coming from Cleveland, Ohio that has the Flats (I moved to Fort Worth in 1996) and a bar on nearly every corner...Fort Worth is definitely a tame town. However, I LOVE it this way! I'll take Fort Worth over Cleveland any day.

With this said, we enjoy going downtown to hear the live bands outdoors, going to a comedy show, or simply to just take a nice walk in the spring to grab a Jamba Juice and visit Barnes & Noble. It is always bustling, but never rowdy. Downtown Ft. Worth is family-friendly...as well as pleasing for the younger adults.

If you want a good laugh, check out a comedy act at Hyena's or Four-Day Weekend (improv acts) downtown. If you want to dance...check out City Streets (downtown) or Billy Bob's (stockyards). If you want to hang out with the college-aged students...check out the Aardvark near TCU. Believe me...you can find many places to party in Fort Worth. I'm beyond that stage in my life, however...so, I stick with the comedy clubs, the Bass and Barnes & Noble.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:27 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,223,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubya View Post
I loved downtown Fort Worth when we lived there a few years ago. It was a relatively family-friendly environment. I think we would've been less likely to go if there were a bunch of bass-thumping nightclubs stinking of booze and cologne.
I agree with the bass-thumping, stinky nightclubs. Keep Fort Worth tame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth