U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 06:56 PM

687 posts, read 2,236,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinewife91 View Post
I don't know, did you come to a complete stop before proceeding to turn right on red? If you did not, then that is likely WHY you got your picture taken. You can not just turn right on a red like its a yield sign.
That's exactly right! I have seen stories on the news around the time the red light cameras were being installed in Dallas, and they actually had people viewing the video from the red light cameras watching to see if people made complete stops. Just slowing down while turning right on red will get you a ticket.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 07:55 AM

22 posts, read 51,796 times
This reminds me of some of the posts at the Honkin' Mad blog at star-telegram.com. Check it out if/when you have time.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:17 PM

4,643 posts, read 7,791,725 times
Well in Dallas they cut back on the the installation of the cameras because the city lost money because people weren't paying the fines.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:52 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,172,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
FYI, they have red light cameras in Florida too. I guess it is okay for Florida to have them though, huh.
Haha I love that one. I thought the OP was moving back to Florida anyways because he hates it here. I'm sure we will see another "Poor me I don't like it here" thread soon! lol!

Anyways, if drivers will just follow the rules and read all the signs, then they should be fine.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:16 PM
mlr

13 posts, read 46,694 times
I guess he'd love the guy I saw on the news last night - lawyer fighting the tkt he got from the camera - found a loophole and now they may be making all the camera companies get a new license to have the cameras set up! So people that fight them may be getting their money back!

Old 11-29-2008, 04:39 PM

356 posts, read 433,190 times
here ya go:

PhotoBlocker : Manufactures and sells License Plate Covers and Photo Spray, to defeat Photo Radar, Speed Cameras and Red Light Cameras. Avoid traffic tickets. (http://www.photoblocker.com/lo_faq.htm - broken link)

Old 12-03-2008, 04:51 PM

384 posts, read 893,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
**** that I wont pay them ****! Those *******s can take their redlight cameras and shove it up their 2 timing asses for all I care. They wont get a ****ing dime from me or my florida license plate!
Maybe Texas just isn't the place for you.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:33 PM

32,629 posts, read 51,251,109 times
the way to avoid the ticket is just to not speed or run a light--ever think of that...

Old 12-03-2008, 09:48 PM

9,223 posts, read 14,521,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
In the 5 years I've been driving I have never gotten a redlight citation in the mail before. Never. And they may have them in Florida, but thats probably in Orlando somewhere...because they know tourists are there so they like to steal their money also to build BS highways and streets and crap.

So Arlington tax payers, guess where your money's going? Its going into cameras, to catch you...and make you pay again! RIDICULOUS!

Then again, I know (before someone comes on here and lectures) that running reds is not the way to go. But $75? with that money I can pay 3 parking tickets. Thats a rip
Traffic accidents at intersections have gone up because of the red-light cameras. Mostly from people rear-ending each other.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:17 PM

340 posts, read 579,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTX View Post
When I see one of those DPS emissions-checker trucks (BTW, they are almost always on freeway ON-RAMPS... well, I shut my engine off and coast by.... crank back up when I'm at least 50 yards past them.
A bit dangerous, isn't it? Just to cheat the system (or at least think you are) until your next inspection due date. But I bet you "know a guy" in the inspection industry anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth