Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 02:33 PM

464 posts, read 1,360,684 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe they have all of these whack job cameras all over Arlington that snaps a picture as soon as there is a 5 foot space in between a group of cars. Ridiculous.

One of those damn citations came in the mail, and it must have been late at night because I only go along this route late at night. In fact, I was making a right turn. Thats stupid. So I cant make a right turn on red here?

Just know, all the roads and crap their building here comes directly from the ripoff Arlington PD. Instead of sending in this citation, Im going to mail my brake repair bills to those *******s for everytime I have to slam on the ****ing brakes to prevent from rear ending or going through those ripoff ass lights of theirs.

I dont run redlights, but apparently if its that bad some people must be running reds. Anyone who does that, I say, thanks alot *******, now everyone has to deal with this bull**** cameras all over the place because you're stupid enough to run a red on purpose dumbasses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 03:58 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Yes, you CAN turn right on red UNLESS there is a sign posted otherwise. There ARE some intersections were it is not allowed. And NO, it does not take a picture if there is a 5' space between cars. Where on earth did you hear that one. It takes a picture of a car if it senses movement in that direction if the light is red. If you were indeed turning right on red then it should be obvious by the cars direction.

FYI, they have red light cameras in Florida too. I guess it is okay for Florida to have them though, huh.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Yes, you CAN turn right on red UNLESS there is a sign posted otherwise. There ARE some intersections were it is not allowed. And NO, it does not take a picture if there is a 5' space between cars. Where on earth did you hear that one. It takes a picture of a car if it senses movement in that direction if the light is red. If you were indeed turning right on red then it should be obvious by the cars direction.

FYI, they have red light cameras in Florida too. I guess it is okay for Florida to have them though, huh.
In the 5 years I've been driving I have never gotten a redlight citation in the mail before. Never. And they may have them in Florida, but thats probably in Orlando somewhere...because they know tourists are there so they like to steal their money also to build BS highways and streets and crap.

So Arlington tax payers, guess where your money's going? Its going into cameras, to catch you...and make you pay again! RIDICULOUS!

Then again, I know (before someone comes on here and lectures) that running reds is not the way to go. But $75? with that money I can pay 3 parking tickets. Thats a rip

Old 11-11-2008, 05:25 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times
You surely sound angry. I'm a little naive when it comes to these situations, but are they not doing it to prevent people from not following the "rules of the road?" If someone doesn't want to be caught, wouldn't it be better to just do what one is supposed to do when driving and avoid all of this? It's hard to believe they're "catching" people who aren't doing anything wrong. Have I misinterpreted your post?

Old 11-11-2008, 06:57 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
I cannot believe they have all of these whack job cameras all over Arlington that snaps a picture as soon as there is a 5 foot space in between a group of cars. Ridiculous.

One of those damn citations came in the mail, and it must have been late at night because I only go along this route late at night. In fact, I was making a right turn. Thats stupid. So I cant make a right turn on red here?

Just know, all the roads and crap their building here comes directly from the ripoff Arlington PD. Instead of sending in this citation, Im going to mail my brake repair bills to those *******s for everytime I have to slam on the ****ing brakes to prevent from rear ending or going through those ripoff ass lights of theirs.

I dont run redlights, but apparently if its that bad some people must be running reds. Anyone who does that, I say, thanks alot *******, now everyone has to deal with this bull**** cameras all over the place because you're stupid enough to run a red on purpose dumbasses

Man. How bad does it have to get?

Old 11-11-2008, 07:05 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,615,317 times
Arlington is certainly not the only area that has them. Many of the cities in the area have them now...Dallas and Fort Worth included.

I think most people that have gotten caught have become far more aware of their actions at least in those particular intersections, so that's a good thing.

Now as far as your particular issue, do you realize that you can challenge it if you were indeed correct in your actions, or if there were extenuating circumstances (like road conditions that would make it more dangerous to stop than to keep going). If you had a red light and didn't stop before turning, then you likely can't win a challenge though, as you still have to stop before turning. (unless it has a green arrow for red turns)

Old 11-11-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
You surely sound angry. I'm a little naive when it comes to these situations, but are they not doing it to prevent people from not following the "rules of the road?" If someone doesn't want to be caught, wouldn't it be better to just do what one is supposed to do when driving and avoid all of this? It's hard to believe they're "catching" people who aren't doing anything wrong. Have I misinterpreted your post?
Im not quite sure I understand your post...but I think what you're saying is that I didnt follow the rules of the road...

Actually, I do follow them....but when someone who is new doesnt realize the damn things are hanging there, their 1st reaction is to keep going so as to not go from 45 to 0 in a split second, thats impossible and ridiculous.

They know that....thats why the charge you 1st, they dont even bother to give a warning, or 1st offense price. They say..."OH, this person is from out of town license plate...lets hit him up $75 bucks. I'm sure the guy didnt realize and was trying to not slam on his brakes, but oh well...let that brake repair money go into our pockets instead"

Old 11-11-2008, 10:24 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times
Maybe you should just SLOW DOWN!!! SPEED KILLS! Besides, before a light turns RED, It is a bright shade of YELLOW, which doesnt mean speed up like a bat outta hell, but to slow down so you can make a STOP safely.
I think red light cameras are a GREAT idea. It makes these idiot drivers think twice before they speed through a red light, and possibly kill someone!

Old 11-11-2008, 10:55 PM

170 posts, read 598,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
They know that....thats why the charge you 1st, they dont even bother to give a warning, or 1st offense price. They say..."OH, this person is from out of town license plate...lets hit him up $75 bucks. I'm sure the guy didnt realize and was trying to not slam on his brakes, but oh well...let that brake repair money go into our pockets instead"
Are you suggesting that out-of-towners should not received tickets for running red lights?

Old 11-11-2008, 11:30 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
get real and pay the fine...
or challenge the ticket and ask for a trial--
think you can win?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth