U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 08:18 PM

3,087 posts, read 6,984,114 times

Advertisements

My 22 yr old daughter and I went to Micheal's in Hurst tonight so I could use my 50% coupon before it expired.

She went next door to the Starbucks while I went on in.

I saw two suit clad men standing next to a fancy black SUV and wondered what they were doing as they did look a bit out of place. Then I just figured they were waiting on wives, especially after I saw several women right inside the door at a cake decorating class. haha

When my daughter found me after her trip coffee stop, she came straight up and whispered...is that Martha Stewart????? Sure enough Martha in the flesh turned onto the same aisle right at that moment!

Soooooooooo, I said hello there, what brings you to Fort Worth? (actually I think I said whatcha doin' in Fort Worth)

She had been to a meeting at Michael's headquarters and now was shopping -she says.

Ah, at the newly remodeled store......

She asks if I like it, to which I reply I did (though not with great enthusiasm as I am still so-so with it) haha.

Well, she doesn't like that she can't find all 'her' stuff! she says. yikes.

Oh, (I suddenly understand) because it's all spread out isn't it? I ask.

Yes. (she's not happy about that either)

As she's checking out, people all over the store have gathered behind the shelves near check out and are snapping pics with their phones. Of course.

When I check out, I'm at the same register she had been and the poor cashier is upset because Martha didn't make it out of the store with all her bags. oops.

We both hope she sends someone back for them....after all we don't want her to have a negative impression of our little corner of the Metroplex!

As we left I thought to myself....a quick trip that was spur of the moment, we see Martha Stewart and I have no make up on and a shirt that has a stain on it...wonder if she noticed?? hahahaha
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 12:32 AM

32,627 posts, read 51,232,810 times
hey00-that is better than my brush with fame--
Roy Rogers horse trailer (sans Trigger and Roy) had a flat on the road in front of my house when I was a kid...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth