U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 10:01 AM

10,509 posts, read 22,358,662 times

Advertisements

If you'll be working at FAA, I'd recommend looking in the Azle area, or up 377 towards Justin. The area around Eagle Mountain lake is beautiful. Springtown is also nice and has lots of other horse people. Weatherford has LOTS of horse people, but the commute would be a little long to the FAA.

Get at LEAST 5 acres if you can. This will allow you enough space to have 4 horses and still have a nice yard around your house. You shouldn't have a problem at ALL staying within your price range, especially if you go a little further out. And DO NOT get a "wooded" lot with horses. A few trees are great, but a lot of trees means little grass, and the horses will turn the pasture into a mudhole!

Be VERY cautious about buying a small piece of land in the city limits of a growing suburb, such as Saginaw, Keller or Horth Richland Hills. (I wouldn't live in Richland Hills as the area is getting kind of run-down.) Although the area around you might be rural now, in a few years, you will likely be surrounded by houses and development. The neighbors will complain about the "smell and flies" from your horses, and the city planning & zoning board will zone your property non-agricultural and you'll have to get rid of your horses!! I have seen this happen to friends in both Colleyville and Mesquite, so I always warn people about the possibilities.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 04:29 PM

3,029 posts, read 11,017,619 times
Aledo etc... west of I35 (even Haslet or Roanoak) for 350 you should be able to find a nice house on a few acres with horse set up (already fenced and some have 2 stall barns already in place etc...)
Easy commute to the FAA bldg it's right off of where I-35 and the North part of 820 meet up. (about 20-30 minutes from the Aledo area)

Old 12-31-2008, 11:19 AM

5 posts, read 25,394 times
The Haslet / Rhome area is very convenient to where you want to be --

We have several 5 acre lots that are fabulous for a small horse farms.

Good luck --

Fossil Creek Estates, Van Zandt Farms, the Reserve at Van Zandt, Hugh White Estates..

Old 01-01-2009, 11:04 AM

32,497 posts, read 50,977,072 times
just know that this area is in drought and that water can be expensive--getting well on property is one answer but depending on water table it could go dry...
some areas have problems with their local water systems in that part of Tarrant and adjacent counties

make sure you know where your water is coming from and what the rates are...and future rates

Old 02-26-2009, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,382 times
Hi,I saw your ad. We live in Aledo just west of where you will be working. We have 5 acers, pool, barn and stunning home. We too are relocating and selling our place. It is listed at 399,900 at a 50,000 reduction. Please let us know if you are interested. Virtual tour is at realtor.com enter mls#11100408.Thanks

Old 02-27-2009, 06:19 AM

50 posts, read 124,117 times
Hey, that's nice! A bit out of my price range though--unless you'd take somewhat less! Wish it didn't have a pool...Not looking for a pool----guess it could be filled in...Just want a nice barn...

Looking for a nice house with a barn in that area, too!

Old 03-05-2009, 12:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,335 times
There are beautiful homes with land off Bonds Ranch Road and Wagley Robertson that runs perpendicular to it. Its Fort Worth. These homes have the really nice white fences with horses. Haslet is good too.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:40 PM

61 posts, read 147,671 times
The frontier is gone and along with it, the right to keep a horse within the city limits (un-less grandfathered).Look south toward Alverado, west toward Aledo, north to Azle or in a small Expensive pocket 2 mi. south of Kennedale Tx.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:54 AM

50 posts, read 124,117 times
I guess all of those real estate web sites for Fort Worth with all of those ads that say--HORSES WELCOME are wrong then?!!!

There are plenty of places out there. I am interested in living in an area with more "horse activities" shows, etc.

I am not planning on moving into a house in Westcliff and keeping a horse in my backyard! Geez!

Old 03-07-2009, 02:54 PM

61 posts, read 147,671 times
There are 5 acres at 5700 parker henderson rd.(s. e. Ft Worth) owned by the gov. since the savings and loan fiasco of the early 90's. It was small horse farm for 40 years. It will be cheap to buy, But check the zoning first. Also 10 available acres next to it. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth