U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 12:25 PM

41 posts, read 159,006 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Forth Worth and my wife has a horse. Are there any areas that have a little bit of land with a decent house? What kind of price range would we looking at?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 01:07 PM

2,768 posts, read 4,912,704 times
What area of Fort Worth are you moving to....north, south, etc.? There are areas with acreage for horses, price would depend on house, size of acreage and location. Lands of Texas is a really good site to check out real estate. You might want to check it out, that way you can enter size acreage you want, price range, county and they have listings from hundreds of real estate companies. Check it out.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:41 PM

32,479 posts, read 50,954,572 times
will pm an mls site that lets you check listings that allow horses

all depends on where you are working IMO since you don't want to live in weatherford and work in Irving

Old 11-13-2008, 04:30 PM

I'm not familiar with the area, work is going to be at the FAA building at 2601 Meacham Blvd. Just off the 35W?

Old 11-13-2008, 06:15 PM

32,479 posts, read 50,954,572 times
google the town--I think that might be in FTW city limits but you can see towns around it
check out city data info about the towns
most towns in DFW metroplex do not have mini-ranches now except in a few locations--Keller has some--but they are usually pretty expensive because land is expensive
decent price range usually means less rather than more expensive--but price is relative--what works for some people is too expensive for others--
and some people think you get a good deal just with an avg house here compared to places in CA or back east...

there are some places west of 377 off Golden Triangle that have some half-acre or acre places if they are for sale
might try around Azle/Eagle Mtn Lake
Justin Rhome Argyle are towns north on I-35 toward Denton that have areas allowing horses
just depends on your budget--
that is why I sent the MLS--check a map--search for towns in area you are working--click on the price range and check for horses and see what comes up...

Old 11-13-2008, 08:55 PM

4,184 posts, read 14,032,175 times
Tarrant county requires you to have at least 1/2 an acre of land per horse. I will double check in the morning.

What price point are you wanting to stay within and what are your housing needs, that would help to direct you to areas.

Naima

Old 11-14-2008, 06:23 PM

We are looking at around $350,000.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:33 PM

550 posts, read 1,449,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerone View Post
We are looking at around $350,000.
The further your are willing to drive the more you will get for your money.
on Highway 287 north there are some better deals than I-35 north. The main problem is it can get pretty rocky in some of those areas. South you get in to black land but again you have to go out further for the better prices.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:38 PM

4,184 posts, read 14,032,175 times
In your price range, there are several homes on the market with good acreage. 1+ acre in Keller, being an expensive area, the homes are going to be older if that doesn't matter to you but the location is highly desirable. There are a couple in North Richland Hills(NRH) and Richland Hills. Within the city of Fort Worth, look at an area called Silver Ridge Estates off Jacksborough highway aka 199. There are some beautiful homes with wooded lots. Then there is Haslet which is a great equestrian area with newer homes on acreage (several to choose from here). Fossil Creek Estates close to there (but city of Fort Worth) is another great area with homes built in the late 90s.

These are all areas within a 30 minute commute or less of Meacham and I35E.

Naima

Old 11-23-2008, 09:14 AM

22 posts, read 51,658 times
There is a neat neighborhood off of Bonds Ranch Road near Haslet/Saginaw/Fort Worth (I'm not exactly sure which city this is). I don't know much about that particular neighborhood, but we drive by there when visiting family. The houses look beautiful, and have large lots...and, are newer homes. All of the homes we see off the road have horses/stables. I don't think the commute would be too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth