U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 01:44 PM

215 posts, read 914,610 times

Advertisements

Iam from California moving to Texas on a job offer in Coppell but wanted to rent a newer home out in Keller how bad or good is the commute thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 10:21 PM

140 posts, read 367,057 times
Depends on the time of the day. It can get really ugly. Are there not any rentals in Coppell, Pm me for a website for Rental in This area.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:02 AM

32,479 posts, read 50,948,349 times
second that--lot depends on location of house/job but that is not an easy drive--114 going into Coppell goes through spaghetti bowl in Grapevine--
if you are doing North Tarrant through Colleyville--that has lots of school zones and stop lights...
might consider renting closer to work since you aren't going to be changing jobs just to rent in Keller

Old 11-18-2008, 09:17 AM

3,029 posts, read 11,014,962 times
Try to ski the 114 121 interchange (Until 121 construction is finished) it gets really backed up during rush hour.
Look at your map for work arounds... sandy lake is the first light and you can exit there from the feeder road.

You can also take 114 to industrial and go north. etc...
if you are renting in South Keller then yes take North Tarrant to pricent line to Galde to 121. It's a pretty good route and avoids 1709 completely.

I live in central Keller and my sis lives off of Denton Tapp in Coppell... I can usually get to her house in under 30 minutes...but sometimes is will take 45.

But I too would look for a rental in Coppell.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:24 PM

I would love to rent in Coppell but wife is picky she wants to rent a newer home around 1300 month I guess it does not have to be in Keller but we loved it there last year when we visited how about renting in Roanoke or Flower Mound Lewisville thanks everyone

Old 11-18-2008, 04:46 PM

32,479 posts, read 50,948,349 times
Roanoke would have some of same problems as Keller since you are east of Grapevine/spaghetti bowl 121/114 interchange--
you might consider Grapevine itself--it is a neat town--lots to do--and if you are in town there are streets to get around without getting on the freeway much...

anything on the east side of Grapevine is going to be better commute than Keller/Roanoke--

some people knock Flower Mound because of the access in and out --check a map to see what I mean--Cross Timbers is big street and so is 3040 (Hebron Parkway/Round Grove Rd) going E/W--
they eventually cross I-35--you would take Denton Tap Rd south into Coppell probably

International Parkway goes N into Flower Mound from 114 and it is HORRIBLE at rush hour--two lanes and backs up like crazy around Grapevine Mills Mall/635 interchange--it is really dangerous because people don't slow down when they approach...and they are changing from several lanes at a time...

but Flower Mound is very nice town--

Lewisville has some nice areas--better than Carrollton IMO--but more iffy than Flower Mound in general--housing in Lewisville from what I have seen is step or two down from Flower Mound--but I don't spend lot of time there--just drive through...

Old 11-18-2008, 05:27 PM

Wow that was a lot of informationthanks now what about living in the Golf course community of Fossil creek than taking the 820 loop to the 121 mapquest shows 30 minutes is that about right thank you

Old 11-18-2008, 07:11 PM

10,504 posts, read 22,342,764 times
Fossil Creek to Coppell would be AWFUL!!! 820/183 headed eastbound in the mornings is usually a parking lot! (I'm on he westbound side which is a little better.)

Flower Mound does have its access problems, but since you'd just be going into Coppell, you should be OK.

There are newer homes in Grapevine, but not in that price range for rentals.

Do look in Coppell, Valley Ranch, or Lewisville. These areas all have newer homes available and since they are on the east side of the 121/114 interchange, the traffic won't be so horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth