Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 01:51 PM

23 posts, read 88,704 times

Advertisements

I currently reside in North Richland Hills. New to Texas since May. I visited North Crowley High School yesterday trying to introduce the students to a college program my organization founded..Anyway, I was impressed with the school. I thought it was extremely clean, neat, and the kids from what I saw were very well mannered. This is an obvious school of inclusion as I saw plenty of Whites, blacks, Latinos, and Asians. I didn't see kids roaming the halls or the parking lots as I had seen in other schools. The educational facilities from what I saw were extremely nice - just as nice as some of what I saw in Keller ISD when visiting there school. Administration of the school was by far nicer and more helpful than the administration in the Keller ISD. So i'm not sure what all the negative post on Crowley ISD / North Crowley area is about...Now, obviously this was my first time visiting the area but I was so impressed that when i left the school i drove around and the area really looks new to me. Now I did notice how the area changed a bit once I got closer to the city limits by the highway but I've never known an area not to change as you get a bit closer to the city. I'm not even saying the school didn't have gang activity but I can tell you I didn't see one person that looked like a thug or gang member...I didn't see grafiti...I didn't see girls looking like they were searching for a date on the blvd...i just didn't see all the things that I know come with a school that is being over ran by thugs, gangsters & overall bad kids...I read where someone wrote if you like Harlem or Compton you'll love Crowley...People please, minorities don't equal thugs & gansters...the two are not synomymous...and Crowley is not a compton or harlem...not even close
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 06:26 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
I've never heard anything negative about Crowley. I'm not sure where you've heard all of the negative comments. I have a good friend that has kids going to that school and they love it there.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 AM

23 posts, read 88,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I've never heard anything negative about Crowley. I'm not sure where you've heard all of the negative comments. I have a good friend that has kids going to that school and they love it there.
I heard the negative comments on this forum just a different thread but I was curious as to why because I just didn't see what some people were saying..not saying it doesn't exist...but I sure didn't see it

Old 11-21-2008, 03:12 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving2008 View Post
I currently reside in North Richland Hills. New to Texas since May. I visited North Crowley High School yesterday trying to introduce the students to a college program my organization founded..Anyway, I was impressed with the school. I thought it was extremely clean, neat, and the kids from what I saw were very well mannered. This is an obvious school of inclusion as I saw plenty of Whites, blacks, Latinos, and Asians. I didn't see kids roaming the halls or the parking lots as I had seen in other schools. The educational facilities from what I saw were extremely nice - just as nice as some of what I saw in Keller ISD when visiting there school. Administration of the school was by far nicer and more helpful than the administration in the Keller ISD. So i'm not sure what all the negative post on Crowley ISD / North Crowley area is about...Now, obviously this was my first time visiting the area but I was so impressed that when i left the school i drove around and the area really looks new to me. Now I did notice how the area changed a bit once I got closer to the city limits by the highway but I've never known an area not to change as you get a bit closer to the city. I'm not even saying the school didn't have gang activity but I can tell you I didn't see one person that looked like a thug or gang member...I didn't see grafiti...I didn't see girls looking like they were searching for a date on the blvd...i just didn't see all the things that I know come with a school that is being over ran by thugs, gangsters & overall bad kids...I read where someone wrote if you like Harlem or Compton you'll love Crowley...People please, minorities don't equal thugs & gansters...the two are not synomymous...and Crowley is not a compton or harlem...not even close
........ you weren't there a few years ago.
I'm not saying NCHS was a thug school because it's a good school. But there are those students that act like they never left the hood.

I know this because I graduated in '07.

GO PANTHERS!!!!

Old 11-21-2008, 07:43 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,835,591 times
North Crowley is a very good school and a good area to live in. The school is 50% white and 50% black. A lot of people that comment never been to Crowley and you do always have a couple of knuckle heads but for the most part people over exaggerate things. Crowley is not cheap to live in at all. My mom when she was looking for a home found the same exact home in Arlington and found that it was 20,000 more in Crowley than it was in Arlington.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:15 AM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
North Crowley is a very good school and a good area to live in. The school is 50% white and 50% black. A lot of people that comment never been to Crowley and you do always have a couple of knuckle heads but for the most part people over exaggerate things. Crowley is not cheap to live in at all. My mom when she was looking for a home found the same exact home in Arlington and found that it was 20,000 more in Crowley than it was in Arlington.
Really it's 38% black and 38% white, but you've got it right that it's a very diverse school.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:13 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,835,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Really it's 38% black and 38% white, but you've got it right that it's a very diverse school.
Thanks for the correction JJG.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:07 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Thanks for the correction JJG.
....Well that's just last time I checked. Who knows? It might have changed.....

Old 04-13-2009, 01:34 AM

4 posts, read 23,533 times
Well I too graduated from NCHS, It WAS A GOOD SCHOOL< I am glad I went to NCHS as it prepared me for college, of course no school is perfect and with such a diverse school, there will be problems everyday, furthermore it is a good school and if parents do their job as being parents, they wouldn't have to worry about the problems that are occuring in schools, train your children at home, so when they are out in public they will know how to act. LOL very simple

Old 04-13-2009, 01:35 AM

4 posts, read 23,533 times
LOL and for people to say COMPTON =Crowley LOL that just shows how ignorant some people are.....that's all I have to say about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth